This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 7, 2018 at 7:06 am #2003292

nicoloM-7

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm trying to change two images on a page of gruppomontenegro.com website, I want to use different images for English and for Italian version on one page.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I've searched into the forum but just found something related to WooCommerce, which is not my case.

Is there a similar example that we can see? I want to replace the following two images with other ones:
hidden link
hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

May 8, 2018 at 8:33 am #2025275

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2.Different images per language
You can translate the "image" custom fields or page elements to have language specific image ids either through the Translation Editor or via manual native wordpress editor interface.

3.. Translation Editor
If you are using the Translation Editor, and it is the case that the images are not appearing for "translation, then it can be that this element is not "visible" to the editor. This can be because the custom field or the pagebuilder shortcode does not include the right translation options for it to show up.

4. Manual Native WordPress editor
If you are using manual translations with the native wordpress interface, then you can simply enter the translated post and change the image-id to use the one you want form the media library.

To toggle between the two editors, do the following:
- first ensure that all existing translation jobs are closed/completed (you should only see pencil icons by the posts in translated languages when doing a post listing from the dashboard)
- Goto: WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup -> How to translate posts and pages

- Select either "Use Tranlsation Editor" or "create translations manually".

5. If you cannot resolve your issue in this manner, or you want to use the Translation Editor and need assistance to have the image ids appear in the translatino boxes, please write back with system access information. I am opening the private area for this just in case.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot change image on translated pages’ is closed to new replies.