This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
April 30, 2018 at 8:26 am

Gustavo

I've in my Installation WPML for long time, and slugs wasn't a problem until I created the last one, that is not working. It does not show the slugs options, and is giving 404 errors.

i need to solve it.

May 1, 2018 at 3:59 pm #1915328

Ricardo Alday

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for contacting support.
Exactly which slug(s) are giving you trouble? What steps can I take to see the issue?

Thanks,
Ricardo

May 1, 2018 at 9:17 pm #1918014

Gustavo

Hello Ricardo,

I have the problem with Grupos (grupo). I cannot translate the slugs. When I check the slug, it does not appear the slug editor.

May 2, 2018 at 11:31 pm #1944827

Ricardo Alday

Thanks. I downloaded your Duplicator package and I was able to reproduce the issue on my local server. I went through several troubleshooting steps but I was unable to fix it.
I installed your custom plugin on a different local site and the issue didn't come up. I can translate the slug for the Grupos post type. See attachment.
The slugs for the other custom post types defined by the plugin can be translated as well and they are defined exactly the same way.
There must be either something up with your database or cache or both that's preventing the post type from registering correctly.

May 3, 2018 at 8:50 am #1950995

Gustavo

Is there any way to put that slugs without the options page?

I'm speaking with hosting provider to see the problem. Wait for response and I'll tell you... ok?

May 3, 2018 at 7:47 pm #1965679

Ricardo Alday

You can translate slugs in String Translation.
Go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup -> Custom posts slug translation options and enable "Translate custom posts slugs (via WPML String Translation)." and save.
Then navigate to WPML -> String Translation. find the strings using the Search function.

Hope that helps.

May 4, 2018 at 2:24 pm #1977222

Gustavo

The thing is that is giving me an error 500 in Apache Server. So, I cannot save it... Any ideas?

May 4, 2018 at 6:47 pm #1980176

Ricardo Alday

I checked your server error log and there are several messages recorded just for today about "Broken pipe: mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function..."

I would contact your host about this. As I can't reproduce the issue on my local install.

Let me know what you find out.

May 8, 2018 at 6:25 am #2023618

Gustavo

Hello, We have added a new directive in Apache:

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 500
</IfModule>

We have disabled the Firewall and still have problems.

500 POST /wp-admin/admin.php?page=sitepress-multilingual-cms/menu/languages.php HTTP/1.0

Any way to solve this problem?

May 8, 2018 at 3:02 pm #2034791

Ricardo Alday

That's most likely a plugin conflict. Disable all plugins except for WPML and its addons and the plugin that generates your custom post types and see if the problem persists.

May 8, 2018 at 9:22 pm #2040722

Gustavo

That I've done. It's server conflict, but I changed configuration and still get the error...

May 9, 2018 at 3:22 pm #2056301

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

I just logged into your site and I can't find the last error that you reported. Where does it appear? and are you still having the original problem of not being able to change the slug of your custom post type?

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot change the slug for a custom post type’ is closed to new replies.