This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.93 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joostv-21 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 9:13 pm

joostv-21

I am trying to: Connect the (independently) translated (english) version to the swedish (default language) homepage. The english version of the homepage is called "Home".

For an unclear reason I cannot select the pagename of the swedish homepage ("Hem"). It appears that none of my SiteOrigin Pagebuilder pages can be selected in the "Choose a post to assign" popup. See attached picture.
Also, if I create a completely new english page and I try to connect it to a swedish page, I encounter the same issue.

Because the default and the translated versions of my homepage are not connected, the language switcher does not show correctly on both (it does work on any other page). The english homepage only shows the english flag, the swedish homepage only shows the swedish flag.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Swedish (default) homepage: hidden link
English homepage: hidden link

I have have read quite some support tickets on the subject, but none seem to point me towards a solution....

September 10, 2019 at 10:45 am #4544307

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you.

1. Does this happen only with the Home page?

2. If you temporarily assign a different page as the site home page, do you still have this limitation?

3. If you temporarily deactivate all non-WPML plugins --and--temporariy change your active theme to Twenty Nineteen....are you still unable to link the pages?

4. I was able to connect to your site but do not have any admin priveleges so there is not a lot I can do. Could you please change the userid type to admin and let me know when I can connect again?

September 10, 2019 at 11:19 am #4544597

joostv-21

1. Does this happen only with the Home page?
>>>Trying to connect to a translation gives the same issue with any other attempt. It only appeared to me with the homepage as other pages were "automatically" connected to their respective translation when I duplicated them.

2. If you temporarily assign a different page as the site home page, do you still have this limitation?
>>> Not tried, but I tried it with two newly created pages and ran into the same issue.

3. If you temporarily deactivate all non-WPML plugins --and--temporariy change your active theme to Twenty Nineteen....are you still unable to link the pages?
>>> I don't really dare this as the site is live and I fear disruption of service. I see this as as last resort testing to which I would like to invite my site developer.

4. I was able to connect to your site but do not have any admin priveleges so there is not a lot I can do. Could you please change the userid type to admin and let me know when I can connect again?
>>> Set admin privileges for you now

September 10, 2019 at 11:53 am #4545007

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I took a look at the database and it seems that there were some corrupt entries that made the system think it already had an EN page assigned to the SV Home page.

I removed this erroneous entry and it now seems to allow you to connect with translation.

This explains the "Home"/"Hem" association but what about the others? What new pages did you try to connect as translations and did not succeed?

September 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm #4545239

joostv-21

Hi, Thank you!
In addition to the home-page I had the same issue with two test pages I created independently that I tried to connect to each other using translations.
As I already removed those pages, I tried to redo the same, (New SV page and New EN page to be linked).
Now it appears to be working as expected. I can select the "New SV..." page when connecting from the "New EN ...." page.

I expect some inconsistency in the db to be the cause here as well that you apparently fixed as well now.

Please let me know when you think you are done so I can revoke the permissions from your user.

September 10, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4545437

Yvette
Supporter

If the issue is resolved, you can revoke my userid and deactivate and remove the adminer plugin.

I´m glad to hear that things are working now.

September 10, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4545975

joostv-21

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!