This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 5:21 am #4186075

Andreas

I am trying to:

I am trying to create a draft translated page in the normal WordPress interface. In the admin pages overview I click on the "Edit translation" icon in the column for the respective page.

I expected to see:

A draft page in the respective language that I can edit and publish with the normal WordPress interface.

Instead, I got:

Instead, a translation interface opens like in screenshot 1 and even if this is saved and closed, no draft of the respective page would exist that can be edited in the normal WordPress interface.

Additional information:

As screenshot 2 shows, the Advanced Translation Editor is deactivated in the settings. We activated it temporarily but found we don't want to use it and then switched back to the previous settings.

July 11, 2019 at 6:52 am #4186423

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I understand that you are being offered the Translation Editor interface each time you attempt to edit a translated post and that you prefer to use the standard/native WordPress editor instead.

You can toggle the WPML Translation Editor off directly in the edit mode of the ORIGINAL LANGUAGE post. (see image).

Once you turn "off" the Translation Editor, a pop-up will appear that allows you to decide if you want to apply this change to the page/post, to the post type, or to the entire site.

I hope this answers your concern.

July 11, 2019 at 7:12 am #4186587

Andreas

Thanks, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

It was easy to locate the toggle and to turn off the Translation Editor for the respective page.

However, unfortunately the behavior did not change.

An attempt to add a draft translation or to edit the translated page still opens the Translation Editor interface.

July 11, 2019 at 7:26 am #4186651

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

That´s curious.

Is it the same if you open a "new" post and try to translate it after turning off the Editor?

If so, please provide temporary access to your site so I can take a look:
Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot create translation drafts in normal interface’ is closed to new replies.