This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The client was not able to re-translate the page layout even he deleted the translation of the page layout as the pencil icon to edit the translation was still there.

Solution:

delete the page layout permanently from trash

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kirkB 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 8:47 pm #3820139

kirkB

I am trying to: delete a translated Divi Library layout

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: the edit button for the translation is still there in the Divi Library

Hello, I created a Chinese translation of a Divi Library layout, but the finished translated layout did not include the image gallery that was in the original so I wanted to delete it.

To delete it, I switched the language to Chinese on the Divi Library page and clicked "trash" on the layout. However, when I switched back to English, the pencil icon to edit the translation was still there, and when I click it it opens the advanced translator page with all of the sections still translated.

I'd like to note that the translated slide is deleted on the front end, but with the pencil icon still visible on the Divi Library page, I can't create a new translation. Also, Divi Layouts don't appear on the Translation Management page under "post", "page", "projects", or "all types", so I can't create a translation job that way.

May 16, 2019 at 2:26 am #3820999

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please try to delete the page layout permanently from trash?

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 16, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3827023

kirkB

Ah, I didn't think about emptying the trash--I almost never have to do it so I completely forgot about it. Thanks, Dennis, it looks like that fixed the issue 🙂