Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 9:57 pm #4325495

destineyH

I am trying to: delete strings and translation jobs that have the status "Waiting for Translator" and I cannot do this. It allows me to delete the string or translation job but upon a refresh or leaving and coming back, it's still there with the same status.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the deleted translation job with a translation status of "Not Translated" or "Cancelled".

Instead, I got: no update after deleting the translation job. The status is not changing.

August 2, 2019 at 3:31 am #4326425

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

I found a old thread related to this issue:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/i-cannot-delete-translation-jobs/

You cannot delete a job if it is assigned to a translator. Please ask the translator to resign the job so that you can delete it.

Let me know if it works for you.

August 5, 2019 at 7:43 pm #4342853

destineyH

Thanks for that, Rajeeb. That worked for the standard Translation Jobs (on pages and posts). But, I'm still having trouble with String Translations...I logged in as the translator and I can't resign from String Translation Jobs. I'll check more forums for that.

August 5, 2019 at 11:15 pm #4343229

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would need your WordPress login details to debug the issue further. Please create a backup before providing the details.

I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I have access to it.

August 13, 2019 at 5:22 am #4385087

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I went to WPML - String Translations and was able to delete the strings there. Are you trying to do the same? Please let me know if I misunderstood your query.

August 13, 2019 at 8:13 pm #4390559

destineyH

Yes, that is exactly what I'm trying to do. But, they are not staying deleted. It seems like it works just fine, but leave that page and come back to String Translations and you'll see that the strings you just deleted are there again. Is it that these strings are assigned to a translator? Because I tried logging in as the translator and resigning from strings but I can't do that...there doesn't seem to be a resign button for the translator.

August 14, 2019 at 8:35 pm #4397433

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I reviewed your site again and was able to delete the strings. I delete strings for easy digital downloads which is no longer showing up in WPML - String Translation.

Can you please mention which text domain are you having problem with?

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot Delete Strings or Translation Jobs’ is closed to new replies.