This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.83 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
March 4, 2015 at 7:59 am #570576

Ursa Minor

I am trying to: Duplicate advanced custom field's field group.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: duplicate button.

Instead, I got: No duplicate button which used to be there.

March 4, 2015 at 8:24 pm #571136

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

I am not very familiar with Advanced Custom Fields plugin and it is not part of our plugin's compatibility list.

As you are using a premium addon, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Please take a full database backup.

Regards,
Pierre

March 4, 2015 at 9:09 pm #571157

Ursa Minor

Thanks. There are no fields to provide secure login info. Please advise.

March 5, 2015 at 12:14 pm #571582

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hello,

You can just give it in the comment field because your next reply will be private.

March 6, 2015 at 7:41 pm #572752

Ursa Minor

Can you please contact me via email or IM at tsoflow@gmail.com or on Skype at tsocomm. We really need help but I don't want to post secure L/P on a public forum.

Alternatively, if you can provide your email address, I can invite you into our task system.

Thanks!
Benjamin

March 6, 2015 at 8:26 pm #572765

Pierre
Supporter

Hello Benjamin,

I am sorry, but all our support process goes through this forum. You can see our support policy here: http://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

I understand that you want to protect your privacy, that's why you will be enabled to post your information in a private reply. The forum is using a secure protocol over SSL.

It will just be a temporary access and you will remove it from your site when we'll have fixed the issue.

Can you provide me with your access information?

Regards,
Pierre

March 6, 2015 at 8:45 pm #572775

Ursa Minor

Access information was sent. Let me know if it works.
Thanks!
Benjamin

March 9, 2015 at 12:39 pm #573614

Pierre
Supporter

Hello Benjamin,

Did you try to duplicate those fields using the WPML > Translation management interface?

- Go to WPML > Translation management
- Select filter by "type = Advanced Custom Fields" and click on "Display"
- Select the Advanced Custom Fields you want to duplicate
- Set the option "Duplicate content" for the 2 languages
- Then click on "Send documents".

(See attached screenshot)

Now those ACFs elements should be duplicated.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,
Pierre

March 10, 2015 at 7:13 am #574175

Ursa Minor

I am unable to change the page rule for all the newly created field groups it keeps on changing it back to first page dropdown option.

March 10, 2015 at 1:29 pm #574566

Pierre
Supporter

Hello,

Your last reply is for another issue, right? Can you confirm first that you managed the duplication?

For the second issue, I went into WPML > Translation management on "Multilingual content setup" tab and I set "rule" to "translate" in "Custom fields translation".

Let me know if this solves your issues.

Regards,
Pierre

March 11, 2015 at 4:52 am #575249

Ursa Minor

Looks like it working and we are now able to duplicate the custom field groups but will confirm it in a while if the issue is totally resolved or not. Thank you for the great support.

March 11, 2015 at 12:37 pm #575735

Pierre
Supporter

I am waiting for your feedback!
Pierre

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot Duplicate advanced custom field's field group.’ is closed to new replies.