This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 4, 2018 at 8:14 am #2786667

morten-sandvallS

I have a site with 4 languages: Danish (Default) Swedish, Norwegian and English. I created some pages and translated them to all languages. As an administrator role user I can edit these pages with no problem by the "Translation editor" from the "Translation Manangement" (screenshot 1). So far so good.

I created a user with the "editor" role and assigned the editor in the "Translation Management" to all languages (see screenshot 2) so he can access the existing translations.

Problem:
But when the editor is logged in and clicks on the "pencil" to edit a language under "Pages" (see screenshot 3) the editor gets the message the message "No translation job found" I expected to see the translation editor with the translation. (see screenshot 4)

Please advise

October 5, 2018 at 3:41 pm #2791230

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I was looking over all the steps that you wrote but I could not see the step where you sent content for translation.

Did you also send the content to translation from your admin account so that an editor can edit it?

This might be the reason why you are getting that error.

Here is more info about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-to-send-content-for-translation/

Please let me know if this helped or if you already did this, too.

October 10, 2018 at 11:38 am #2804020

morten-sandvallS

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for your reply. Do I need to send the content to translation when it's already translated? The editor only need to edit the existing translation.

October 11, 2018 at 11:21 am #2807795

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Even if the translator will need to just edit an existing translation or create a new one from scratch, he/she will need to have your permission to edit the item (post/page/other items). This means that the specific item that needs to be translated would need to be assigned to that user account.

I will list below the steps that need to be followed in order to set translation roles for a user or to create translators and how you can assign the items that need translation to that account.

In order to set the Translation Roles for a user, you need to:

1. Go to WPML > Translation Management > Translation Roles. Here you can add new translators or edit current translators. The "Translation Managers" section is for the user that's assigned to be the translation manager and the "Set Local Translators" section is the section where you add new translators by using the "+ Add Translator" button on the right
2. In the "Set Local Translators" section you will see that on the row named "Name" you can find the users of the current translators. Hovering over a user name will show you a text link called "Edit Languages" (I am attaching a screenshot, too). Click on it and there is where you can select the languages a user can translate to and from.

Here are the steps that would need to be followed for the rest of the process where you assign the specific item to the translator:

1. Go to Translation Management
2. Go to Translation Roles and make sure the site has a Translation Manager
3. Then make sure that the languages for the user that you want to give translation jobs to are according to the language that you want that user to translate the content into
4. Then go to the Translation Dashboard
5. Select the item/items for translation
6. Scroll down and click on the “Translate” rounded checkbox
7. Click the blue “Add selected content to translation basket” button
8. Go to Translation Basket
9. Go through the 3 steps where you review the documents for translation, set the batch name and deadline and then go through the final step where you select the translator you want from the drop-down menu
10. After this, click the blue “Send all items for translation” button
11. Now the user can go to WPML > Translations and he/she should see that item in the list with the “Translation status” set to “Waiting for translator”

Please let me know if these steps helped you accomplish what you needed or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your answer.