This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by jason 1 week, 3 days ago.

Author Posts
October 10, 2019 at 8:29 am #4728385

jason

I am trying to: Edit pages translated with Advanced Editor with regular classic editor

Hello. i have to say that I'm very disappointed in WPML. I have been using WPML for almost 10 years upon the start of the project and saw it evolve in the overweight & convoluted beast that it is today. WPML started as a simple translator plugin that creates a second page for the secondary language for each page in the primary language. Back then it was simple and light. Now, users are railroaded to use the horrible advanced translator that pushes people to purchase "words" from your horrible machine translator that doesn't even translate properly. I just want to be able to use google translate in my pages by manually putting the whole page in the Google translator app and pasting it into the new page. I have tried using the "advanced translator" to speed up my translations by moving the english content over to the new page (effectively copying the whole page into the secondary language) so that it is ready to google translate. But it seems now that pages created by the advanced translator dont show up as regular pages in the classic editor pas list. WPML has made me lose money and time which is unacceptable. I tried removing WPML and using the reset function and setting "classic editor" as the main translator editor but your "advanced translator" is taking over whenever I click on edit a page.

October 10, 2019 at 8:34 am #4728451

jason

Remove "Translation Management" plugin