Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 13, 2020 at 8:36 pm #5285481

Javier

hello, this is for Jamal and is related to my previous ticket...

If you sign in using "fr." subdomain in the login url, then it is normal that you can see the page builder when creating a woocommerce product in French but the problem should appear when you switch to the English language version of the product and then try to use the page builder...

I don't think you have tested this, please do before the copy of my website is deleted. Thank you

January 14, 2020 at 11:31 am #5288815

Javier

Hello Andreas, please check with your colleague Jamal, we made a complete copy of our website for you to use, he has all the access details. I hope the copy he made is still available, if not, I will make another one again, just let me know.

Ps: the issue here is that when we switch languages (and move away from the language we used when logging in), then the pagebuilder is not available.

January 14, 2020 at 5:07 pm #5291635

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Andreas has reached out to me. I'll continue with you this ticket. Unfortunately, I could not test it again today. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

January 15, 2020 at 3:28 pm #5299073

Jamal
Supporter

I am really sorry to tell you that the migrated site was indeed cleaned up. To be faster, I wanted to migrate it again or just download the zion builder and try on a clean install but the old credentials are not working anymore.

When creating a new installation on our platform, I also encountered an error, our sysadmin is working on it to resolve it. Once it is resolved we'll migrate your website on it.

In the meantime, I have created a new install in another server, but we won't be migrating the website here. Please connect using the following link and upload your theme and the zion builder, I'll set up WPML to use multiple domains and we'll check this issue.
hidden link

January 15, 2020 at 4:59 pm #5299979

Javier

Hello Jamal, thank you for your kind support.
I have just now uploaded the theme (KALLYAS) via the link you provided, the page builder is within the theme.
You need to test a product (woocommerce product) and you will see that depending on which language you sign-on to the admin panel, you will not be able to see the page builder in other languages.
So, if I use the French url (secondary language)to connect
hidden link?

I will see the editor correctly in French
hidden link
use this url to check: hidden link

but not in English (main language):
hidden link

If I sign on using the main language admin url:
hidden link

I can see the page builder when modifying a product in English:
hidden link

But not in French...
hidden link

I have made a backup of my site but I don't think it is necessary since you will not be performing live tests on it. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Best Regards,

Javier Petrement

January 16, 2020 at 2:21 pm #5306029

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Javier,

I run a few tests on the test server with a page and with a product. So far, it seems to work.

Let's first agree on how we can open the Zion Builder for a page or product, correct me if I am mistaken.
1. From the pages/product list.
2. From the page/product edit screen.
3. From the admin top bar when visiting the page/product in the Frontend.

And of course, we need to be logged in and have the permissions to create/edit a page/product.

Using the Zion Builder with the method (1) or (2) won't actually work for the secondary languages. Because WPML is unable to auto-sign-in the user in the frontend directly from the backend.

But, it does work for the method (3), thanks to the WPML language selector, which is responsible for auto-sign-in the user.

The workflow that I used is the following:
1. Configure auto-sign-in, save permalinks, and logout/login to complete the auto-sign-in configuration.
2. Create a page/product in the primary language.
3. Create translations for the page/product and complete the translation(you can just copy and mark each field from the translation editor as complete, to mark the translation as complete).
4. Visit the page/product in the frontend.
5. Switch to the desired language. The WPML language selector will make sure to keep you logged in.
6. Edit the page/product using the Zion Builder

Check the test server and let me know if this works for you or if you are encountering any errors. You must add the following lines to your local "hosts" file and the first time you visit French or Spanish, you will need to ignore the SSL warning, because we don't have a signed certificate for the secondary domains.

165.22.24.53     es.wordpress-351980-1126491.cloudwaysapps.com
165.22.24.53     fr.wordpress-351980-1126491.cloudwaysapps.com

If this workflow works for you in the test server, please test it also on your website and let me know what you will get. If it does not work on your site, maybe the auto-sign-in feature is not working for you. We'll see how to fix it.

I did not connect to your website, because I don't have a working password yet. Your next reply will be private, in case I need to connect and check.

Best regards,
Jamal

January 17, 2020 at 5:32 pm #5313741

Javier

Hello Jamal,

For me to test on your server or even on mine, I need to understand about this crucial step in your workflow:
1. Configure auto-sign-in, save permalinks, and logout/login to complete the auto-sign-in configuration. ==> I have enabled the auto-sign-in but cannot find what you mean about saving permalinks..
hidden link

For your connection to our site, here are the required credentials:
[Credentials moved to private message]

Thank you.

January 18, 2020 at 9:43 am #5315473

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Javier,

It seems that the auto-sign-in is not working on your server. At first, I thought that your theme language switcher is not correctly implemented. So I added a footer language switcher but that did not work too.
I tested both configurations, passing the session key with GET and POST methods, to no avail. Your server does not implement the X-Frame-Options header.
https://wpml.org/tutorials/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

This issue is probably caused by a compatibility conflict or by your server setup, to check both, I am migrating your website to our platform and I'll test it there.

I'll get back to you very soon.

January 18, 2020 at 1:18 pm #5315901

Jamal
Supporter

I migrated the site to our platform and the auto-sign-in did not work even in a minimal setup with a default theme.

Let me approach our 2nd Tier about this issue and get back to you then.

If you want to test on the migrated site, add the following lines to your local "hosts" file.

46.101.155.28    fr.wordpress-219772-1129815.cloudwaysapps.com
46.101.155.28    es.wordpress-219772-1129815.cloudwaysapps.com
January 21, 2020 at 9:11 am #5330235

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd Tier suggested saving languages again in WPML->Languages->Edit Languages. It finished ok.
And to re-save languages in domains settings and making sure it is valid, but that did not finish correctly, it says "Not valid" for both secondary languages, I am asking what to check further and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

January 22, 2020 at 8:10 am #5338509

Jamal
Supporter

According to our 2nd Tier, if we don't save domains and get them validated, there will be some issues and board effects.
Not validating the domains could happen because of a custom plugin, custom rewrite rules, special definitions in wp-config.php or incorrect domain configuration.

We'll need to try at least with the default theme and only WPML plugins, but I cannot test this on the migrated site, because it does not have proper multi-domains, we already uncheck validation on the migrated site to make it save the configuration.

Can you do the test on your website? Or would you allow me to temporarily switch theme and deactivate plugins? Please take a database backup to be on the safe side.

January 25, 2020 at 6:16 pm #5362431

Javier

Hello Jamal, the full backup will be ready in ten minutes. I am fine with you to temporarily switch theme and deactivate plugins just don't forget to enable them back 🙂
Have a great weekend

January 28, 2020 at 1:56 pm #5377513

Jamal
Supporter

My apologies for the late reply, but I do not work on Mondays.

I just tested again on your website with the Twentyseventeen theme and only WPML Multilingual CMS. I could not get the domains validated. I informed our 2nd Tier about these results and I am waiting for his advice on how to push this further.

January 29, 2020 at 11:32 am #5383745

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd Tier asked for a Duplicator package to investigate this issue further. I was not able to build a Duplicator package from your website, so I used the migrated site.

I'll get back to you as soon as he got some insights on the issue.

January 30, 2020 at 2:54 pm #5393237

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd tier found that this issue is related to a cross-site cookie problem and has escalated this bug to the WPML developers team.
I'll get back to you with more info as soon as I got them.

Thank you for your patience.