This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
February 8, 2019 at 1:30 pm #3175335

freedZ

When i enable Advanced Translation Editor, error message "SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0, Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please contact WPML support." pops up.

February 10, 2019 at 4:10 pm #3179958

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Please follow these steps to find the cause of the issue.

Plugin conflict
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes like twenty seventeen, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Console Errors
In your chrome browser Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac) before you go to this step.
Check if you see any red errors here : hidden link and let me know.

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot enable Advanced Translation Editor’ is closed to new replies.