This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maglottf 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 11:53 am #3766265

maglottf

I am trying to:
Translate copyright text in the footer
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
I expected to see the "© 2019 - All rights reserved - my3DSign.com" text in string translation
Instead, I got:
The text is not present in string translation

May 8, 2019 at 12:41 pm #3766703

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

It seems like the copyright text is added from the theme option is that right? In that case, you might have to add a relevant admin_text to make it translatable.

Goto WPML >String translation scroll to the bottom click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" . On the admin screen page, you might have to find the footer option in the section may be called as theme_option or theme_mods.

Maybe I can help you with the setting. Please share temporary access to your site. I have enabled private reply for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

May 9, 2019 at 4:54 am #3773091

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I can see the string in string translation table added under the domain "admin_texts_theme_mods_generatepress-1555569632-via-wpmarmite" which is not translated yet, Check the attached screenshot. Please update the translation of the string you would be good to go.

Kind regards
Raja

May 9, 2019 at 6:49 am #3773375

maglottf

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!