Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Maciej 6 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Maciej.

Author Posts
January 28, 2015 at 11:50 am #550244

Dorian

Hi,
I am currently setting up the excellent plugin The Events Calendar to display events in both English (source language of my site) and Chinese.

One issue that is particularly annoying is that while the elements of the date are translated automatically individually into Chinese, I cannot see how to modify the date format to make it more adapted to Chinese readers: instead of D, F j, Y, I need y年Fj日.

I've been searching all over the WPML forums and the Events Calendar plugin support forum, but the most relevant thread I found dates back to a year and a half ago, and it's despiriting: hidden link

So has any solution come up recently? Both WPML and TEC are kickass plugins, which I can hardly do without... But boy, are these date formats irritating!

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Dorian

January 28, 2015 at 2:43 pm #550408

Maciej

Thank you for submitting Your question.

Unfortunately this plugin is not on our compatibility list:
http://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

To ensure that this plugin is made compatible with WPML we need to contact the plugin author and work with him on resolving the issue.
Could you please provide a link to contact information (email?) to the plugin’s author so we can contact him? We will contact the author.

It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply us. This may help expedite the process.

January 28, 2015 at 7:40 pm #550624

Dorian

Hi,
It seems the only way to contact the Modern Tribe team (who develop The Events Calendar) is through this form: hidden link
... and since the question is relevant to a free plugin, I guess they will simply redirect you to the WordPress.org support forums.
But according to this post (hidden link), they are working on a major update that should hopefully fix compatibility issues with WPML at some point in 2015...

Is there anything else we could try in the meantime on this side?
I'll be badgering their support on WordPress.org, just in case.

Best,
Dorian

January 29, 2015 at 10:47 am #550931

Maciej

Thank you for the contact details you provided.
I will forward the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author.
Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.
It would be great if you can also contact the author asking him to reply us. This may help expedite the process.
You will be notified the moment we have the author’s cooperation in this process.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot find how to translate date format for The Events Calendar plugin’ is closed to new replies.