This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by khalidS-3 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 16, 2018 at 1:58 pm #2158975

khalidS-3

Hello WPML Support Team,

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Trying to translate some strings from Englsih to Arabic, Strings from Dokan MultiVendor Plugin

Screenshots:

hidden link
hidden link

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Best Regards,
Khalid

May 18, 2018 at 12:14 am #2184666

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Yes, it looks like both strings are added in JavaScript. Are you using the Dokan WPML add-ons: https://wordpress.org/plugins/dokan-wpml/?

I'm not sure if this should work with these strings, but you can try. I have not found these strings to test them on my test environment.

Also, about the "Settings" string, have you tried to scan your plugin to try to find this string? If not, please, follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Theme and plugins localization.
- Make sure that the 'Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)' option is selected.
- Scroll down the page and look for the "Strings in the plugins" option.
- Select the plugin you want to scan (Dokan and Dokan Pro)
- Click on the "Scan the selected plugins for strings" button.
- This will scan the plugin to find the strings.

Please in WPML > String Translation, check if the strings are available for translation.

After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

May 19, 2018 at 3:33 am #2193018

khalidS-3

I did many scans, Sttings is weird it show and I translate it but it is never shown in the 2nd language, for the other screenshot it is javascript and I did scans for all Dokan related plugins but I cannot find it.

May 21, 2018 at 6:25 pm #2203757

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you. I found these "Add Shipping Methods" strings inside the file "/plugins/dokan-pro/assets/js/vue-pro-frontend-shipping.js" and these other strings that are on your first screenshot. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be translatable.

This does not seem to be translatable by any form, even by mo/po file (default WordPress translation method). You should contact the author of your plugin and ask how you can translate these strings.

That is, this is not a problem with WPML. This is a problem with the plugin that apparently did not make these strings translatable.

On the "Settings" string, make sure you are listing all "Settings" strings, including a string that has a small HTML code. This is the correct string for translation:

Settings <i class="fa fa-angle-right pull-right"></i>

I'll attach an image for you to see. After translating this string, this should be displayed correctly on the front end.

After following these steps, please let me know if this string is being translated correctly.

Thank you.

May 22, 2018 at 1:41 am #2204814

khalidS-3

Thanks for your response, I have translated "Settings"

For the javascript strings i'll contact the plugin dev and see what can be done about it.

Thanks again

Best Regards,
Khalid