This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by desmondN 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 30, 2019 at 2:20 am

desmondN

I am trying to translate all the strings for days of the week. In string translation, I used search -> Monday, and translated all of them to Malay. However, in my specific listing page, the days are still not translated. Also, another button for "View on Google Map" cannot be found too. Kindly refer screenshot: hidden link

September 30, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4664851

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

The issues seem like a compatibility problem since it is coming from the theme option however I am not sure how the code is handled on your theme. It would be better if you can send me a snapshot copy of your site so that I can look into details about the issue without disturbing your site

You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

October 2, 2019 at 4:13 am #4676915

desmondN

Hi, I don't see where can I place the private fields again. I have already prepared my duplicator package

October 3, 2019 at 4:46 am #4684663

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

No issues, I will download it from your site. This might take some while. I would request your patience in this regard.

October 3, 2019 at 12:14 pm #4687385

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

The strings in question "View on Google Map" and the weekdays are Hardcoded in the Listing pro plugin without the ability to translate.
The weekday text is displayed using javascript.

I would suggest reporting the issue with the plugin author check if they have any other solution of this.

The fix is to pass the "View on Google Map" string through get text function as it is done for other text so that it is translateable, However, i am not sure how they can do it with javascript strings one method is to use the WordPress 5.0 js strings localization method => https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-a-string-in-a-theme-js-file/

Kind regards
Raja

October 8, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4717063

desmondN

Hi Raja,

I have contacted my theme author and they have confirmed that it is the theme issue. They will figure a fix in the upcoming update. Thank you for checking, and I will close this ticket.

October 8, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4717069

desmondN

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!