Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to translate certain strings from the "User registration" plugin, specifically the "Take Picture/Upload File" and Calendar items. While the issue with "Take Picture/Upload Files" was resolved, the Calendar remained untranslated.

Solution:
1. We suggested checking the WPML > String Translation section and enabling the "Look for strings while pages are rendered" option. Then, visit the page where the string appears and return to the String Translation page to search for the string again.

2. If the string is not found in the String Translation, it might be registered as admin text. We provided a link to the documentation on how to find and translate admin text strings:

3. We acknowledged that the issue with the calendar might be due to the plugin not being fully compatible with WPML. We recommended contacting the plugin authors to inquire about WPML compatibility and, if necessary, inviting them to join our 'Go Global' program for assistance in making their product fully compatible with WPML.

If this solution does not seem relevant to your situation, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
December 30, 2023 at 9:38 pm #15138295

vajrayanaS

I tried to translate the plug-in "User registration" hidden link

I followed your documents and successfuly translated a lot of strings of this plug-in.

However, there are still two items("Take Picture/Upload File" and Calendar), which are still in English, I tried to search the keywords, however, I still can't find where they are.

The link is hidden link

Could you please help me? Thank you.

User Registration.png
December 31, 2023 at 1:24 am #15138360

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

Before this ticket gets assigned to my colleagues, I will try to help.

The proper way to translate strings depends a lot on how they have been implemented inside the theme/plugin.

Sometimes, there are even duplicates of the same string and only one of them is the correct one that needs to be translated.

Also, sometimes, simply removing the string (checking the box and removing it) and then re-registering it again by scanning for it (one of the methods below) and re-translating it resolves the issue.

1. Please try this:

Go to WPML > String Translation and at the bottom of the page you will find a checkbox called "Look for strings while pages are rendered". You can enable (check) that and then go in the front end to a page where you have that string showing up and then go back to WPML > String Translation and search for that string and see if it now shows up.

2. If you can't find them inside the WPML > String Translation, they might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to find and translate admin text strings:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Please let us know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

December 31, 2023 at 4:30 pm #15138939

vajrayanaS

Hi Mihai, thank you for your prompt response, the issue "Take Picture/Upload Files" is solved. But the calendar is still remain the same.
Do you think it is because the calendar is an embedded fixed program, not offering the strings for translation?
Thank you.

December 31, 2023 at 5:46 pm #15138990

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

I am happy to hear that the issue is partially resolved.

Yes, the issue with the other strings can be related to exactly what you mentioned.

This can definitely happen with a calendar layout, especially if the plugin that is being used is not 100% compatible with WPML.

I would probably get in touch with them to ask them if their product is WPML-compatible, and, if it is, I would ask them the exacts steps that need to be followed to translate those strings.

If they are not 100% compatible with WPML, I recommend that you invite them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their product 100% compatible with WPML for free.

Happy new year!

Mihai

vajrayanaS confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-31 17:54:25.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.