Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by solonH 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
November 19, 2016 at 5:19 pm #1139905

solonH

I am trying to: Import new translations. I go to WPML->Theme and Plugins Localization->Language locale settings->Check now and then I click on "Review changes and update". But on the next page when I scroll down and click on "Proceed" I get this hidden link

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: To import the new translations

Instead, I got: hidden link

Steps to duplicate the issue: You need to log in wp-admin. you have my credentials so feel free to duplicate the issue.

November 21, 2016 at 9:05 am #1140353

Bernat Torras

Hi @solonh,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! 🙂

This is a common problem and its related to the amount of data that this page is sending to the server. Servers are usually configured to accept a certain amount of data and if the request exceeds this amount, the server blocks the request causing this error you're getting.

These are the possible causes that are generating the issue. You can contact your server administrators and check if they can increase these values:

- Increase 'upload_max_filesize' (You can do it in your server php.ini file or directly from your .htaccess (using 'php_value' directive) if you're using Apache server)

- Increase 'post_max_size'. (You can do it in your server php.ini file or directly from your .htaccess (using 'php_value' directive) if you're using Apache server)

- Check if Apache's 'LimitRequestBody' directive is set to 0 (unlimited)

- If you're using nginx server, check if 'client_max_body_size' is set to something bigger than 1m. I'd suggest you to increase it to 4m to make sure we don't hit the limit.

In any case, this error should only happen on this case (when importing all WordPress translations). This is the only big process that WPML is doing right now, and development team is already working to fix it on next updates.

Also, do you really need to perform this action? This procedure is to import default WordPress strings (like months, search, etc) and their translations to Strings Translation. The default (and recommended) way to translate these strings is just by using the default WordPress localization files (the files that WordPress already includes to translate all its strings). If you have these files on wp-content/languages (if not, let me know and I'll help you download it) WPML will automatically take the WordPress translations from there. Importing them to Strings Translation is just to be able to update their translations from the backend. If you don't need to update any of these translations (or just few of them) you could also edit their po files with a tool like 'poEdit' and replace the mo file with the new one.

Here is some documentation about it:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/
- http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/57219/how-to-translate-a-plugin-via-po-mo
- hidden link

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Bernat

November 21, 2016 at 1:09 pm #1140675

solonH

Hi Bernat,

Thank you for the thorough explanation. I see that I have those files under wp-content/languages so I guess I should be fine. The problem I have is that "My Account" here: hidden link
doesn't get translated although I translated all "My Account" entries in string translation section. So, I thought it may not have that specific string and I was hoping that by importing those files it would find it somehow. Do you know how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks.

November 21, 2016 at 3:17 pm #1140824

Bernat Torras

Hi @solonh,

I doubt that this 'My Account' string is being pulled from default WordPress strings... Have you translated 'my account' page? Maybe it is taking the title of the page.

Also, could you tell us where is this menu coming from? Is it coming from a particular plugin or its part of the theme functionality? Is there any backend page where you activate or configure it?

I'll enable you a private form on your next reply where you'll be able to share us your backend and ftp credentials with us in a private and secure way. Please fill all required fields to let us take a deeper look at your site configuration and files.

Thanks,
Bernat

November 22, 2016 at 8:25 am #1141319

Bernat Torras

Hi @solonh,

Thanks for providing the credentials. I've been able to debug your theme a bit and I think I've found the origin of the conflict. I see that the file responsible of render these links is trying to get the page name of the pages specified in AZEXO Options>General settings>Custom dashboard pages. This filed is saving the ID of the selected page and the code is simply getting the information (including the name) of the page with this ID. If we want to make it compatible with WPML it should check first if this page has translations with the current language, and if so, use the translated page ID to get its information.

I've reported it to our Compatibility team and they will contact the author to apply the proper fixes, but meanwhile, if you can't wait for the update, I'd suggest this as a workaround:

1- Edit wp-content/themes/kupon/framework/framework.php and find the declaration of 'azexo_get_dashboard_links()' function (it should be at line #1996). Then search for the following code there:

$options = get_option(AZEXO_FRAMEWORK);
if (isset($options['custom_dashboard_pages']) && !empty($options['custom_dashboard_pages'])) {
    $custom_dashboard_pages = array();
    foreach ($options['custom_dashboard_pages'] as $page) {
        $custom_dashboard_pages[] = array(
            'id' => $page,
            'url' => esc_url(get_permalink($page)),
            'title' => get_the_title($page),
        );
    }
    $links = array_merge($custom_dashboard_pages, $links);
}

2- And replace it with:

$options = get_option(AZEXO_FRAMEWORK);
if (isset($options['custom_dashboard_pages']) && !empty($options['custom_dashboard_pages'])) {
    $custom_dashboard_pages = array();
    foreach ($options['custom_dashboard_pages'] as $page) {
	    $page = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $page, 'page', true );
        $custom_dashboard_pages[] = array(
            'id' => $page,
            'url' => esc_url(get_permalink($page)),
            'title' => get_the_title($page),
        );
    }
    $links = array_merge($custom_dashboard_pages, $links);
}

Please take in mind that this is just a temporarily workaround to fix this issue. Remember that we're modifying the theme code directly so, if you update the theme in the future you will lose this customization (unless the update already includes it).

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Bernat

November 22, 2016 at 8:58 pm #1142043

solonH

That worked perfectly!! Thank you so much!