This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-184 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 29, 2019 at 7:36 pm #4483239

davidM-184

I am trying to:

I'm trying to manually translate my site pages from english to 5 other languages. I'm not looking to use WPML's translator. I just want to leverage the language picker and manually edit each translation. I was able to duplicate both Dutch and German pages and I get all of my custom fields (repeaters and all). So I'm able to complete those pages. However, when I attempt to do the same with French, Italian or Spanish, I am missing all of custom fields and consequently cannot complete those page translations. I've tried completely deleting the pages and rebuilding them and each time its the same. My client needs to provide these new translations by the end of the month. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

I expected to see:

A content management page for each language which looks identical to the base English page (Allowing me to manually change all applicable custom field text, images, and links).

Instead, I got:

A page containing only the top block and then all of the "Translation" radio buttons for custom fields. No Actual custom fields present on French, Italian and Spanish, but they came over fine for Dutch and German.

August 29, 2019 at 11:51 pm #4483857

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

September 3, 2019 at 5:02 pm #4506503

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I took a detailed look in your website and could notice some wrong settings for your custom fields groups. Here is what I noticed:

1 - Your 'Field Groups(acf-field-group)' post type is set as translatable in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation settings. You should only use this setting if you intend to translate the fields labels and general interface elements of your custom fields input for your translated pages.

2 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Custom Fields > Fields Groups settings you have the fields groups available in Dutch and German but not in the other secondary langauges and it explains why you don't see it when duplicating for the other languages.

I recommend you to set your fields as 'Not translatable' from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation settings and then try to duplicate your pages again, you should see the fields available for all the translated pages.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and clarifications, have a nice day.

September 3, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4506915

davidM-184

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!