Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to publish a page with an incomplete translation when using the Translation editor. Solution: It is not possible to publish a translation with the Translation editor without first completing it. This is a possible workaround: - Translate some of the fields - Mark all the untranslated fields as translated (copy the translation from original using the Copy button) - Press the "Save" button This will publish the page. - Uncheck the untranslated fields - Press the "Save and Close" button

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kristof 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
July 7, 2017 at 8:21 am #1314188

Kristof

I am trying to: publish a page with an incomplete translation (70%)
I am using the "Use the translation editor" to translate pages built with the Avada Fusion Builder. This works well (allthoug Slider Options are not recognized for translation) but as long as translation is not 100%, we cannot publish the page. The status is stuck at In Progress.
We don't have alle the translations yet, but we need to publish this page so that our client can see which strings still need to be translated.
If I check all boxes as "translation complete" it will be much harder for me to add the translations later, as I have no visual clue as to which fields were still waiting for translation.

July 7, 2017 at 9:48 am #1314255

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will take care of your ticket.

It is not possible to publish a translation with the translation editor without completing it.

You can use this workaround:
- Translate some of the fields
- Mark all the untranslated fields as translated (copy the translation from original using the Copy button)
- Press the "Save" button

This will publish the page.

- Uncheck the untranslated fields
- Press the "Save and Close" button

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Thank you

July 7, 2017 at 9:53 am #1314264

Kristof

Hi, yes I thought that would be the workaround, but if you have 100 strings to be translated and mark all untranslated fields as translated, it might take a long time to find the untranslated fields afterwards.
We have now disabled the editor and are translating with the default Duplicate page feature and overwriting all content from the original language.