This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by chadJ 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 27, 2019 at 9:26 am

chadJ

I am trying to:

Refund WooCommerce orders

I expected to see:

The refund options available

Instead, I got:

The refund field is disabled

Hi,

At some point the option to refund orders has stopped working. After some googling I found a similar WPML issue here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/not-able-to-refund-woocommerce-orders/ so I think this could be WPML related. It used to work, but now the refund input field is always disabled on every order. It doesn't matter what the status of the order is.

Note, I had a similar issue where some fields were locked/disabled too. See here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/reviews-comments-not-appearing-on-secondary-language-product/

May 27, 2019 at 5:10 pm #3899817

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

so I think this could be WPML related.

Can you tell me if the option is available if you temporarily deactivate the core WPML plugin and its addons?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 27, 2019 at 5:11 pm #3899821

chadJ

The option is still disabled when trying that.

May 27, 2019 at 6:56 pm #3900357

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

The option is still disabled when trying that.

In that case, it can't be WPML-related issue so I am unable to assist further I'm afraid.

What I could suggest is the following though:
- check if the issue is happening only with WooCommerce (perhaps a conflict with another plugin)
- theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Nineteen as it will tell you if there is an interaction issue with your theme
- Maybe check WooCommerce threads to see if there's a setting related to specific payment gateways not allowing refunds?

Hopefully some of these suggestions help you find a culprit.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 27, 2019 at 7:05 pm #3900409

chadJ

Hi, thanks for looking into it, but I'm not so sure that it can be dismissed so easily.

To debug I disabled *all* plugins except for WooCommerce, and changed to the default theme. I *still* could not refund any new or existing orders using three different payment gateways.

It looks like a setting got corrupted somehow, similar to the other WPML issue I linked to?

May 27, 2019 at 7:19 pm #3900493

chadJ

After some more googling it looks like there was a recent WooCommerce UX change that causes refunds to be handled differently. Instead of changing the total amount a refund can be made on line items.

Because of my recent WPML issue disabling fields I assumed that it was correlated.

Thanks again for looking into it.