This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Client using flatsome theme can't remove the word "English" from the left side of the language switcher at the top of the page.

Solution:
If there is no setting in the Theme Options/Settings to hide that, the short CSS piece below hides the word "English":

.header-language-dropdown > a {
    line-height: 0 !important;
    font-size: 0 !important;
}

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danS-13 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 12:28 pm #3865361

danS-13

I'm having problems removing the word "English" from the left of the language switcher. The WPML help file shows how to remove "Current Language" by clicking the pencil icon, which would remove that, but these options are not available in the Flatsome3 theme as this is for the default language switcher built in and I have not added a menu switcher as that would not remove or fix the default language switcher.

Then I found on some other support sites that there are some Additional CSS that can be added to remove "English" from the left of the menu, but that CSS doesn't match with my theme. Also, I'm trying to reduce the width of the dropdown of the language switcher and move it over to the right under the flags.

Here is the selector:

#masthead > div.header-inner.flex-row.container.logo-left.medium-logo-center > div.flex-col.hide-for-medium.flex-right > ul > li.has-dropdown.header-language-dropdown > a

Can someone tell me the custom CSS that I need to add to remove the word "English" and to reduce the width of the dropdown?

Thanks

May 22, 2019 at 3:59 pm #3867907

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please try this CSS and see if it does the trick?

.header-language-dropdown > a {
    line-height: 0 !important;
    font-size: 0 !important;
}

If the theme comes like that, you would indeed need to hide it with CSS, but there might be some settings in the theme settings where maybe you can hide that wording.

If not, the CSS above should do the job.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 22, 2019 at 4:23 pm #3868141

danS-13

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!