This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ryanC-3 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
August 13, 2019 at 12:43 am

ryanC-3

I am trying to: Save simple settings and configure and setup Languages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: WPML settings page

I expected to see: Confirmation messages that settings were saved.

Instead, I got: White blank screen, no settings saved.

Other notes: i suspect this is all happening because i started developing the site on a staging URL... It seems that every time i use WPML there is some sort of issue... (i.e. i cannot upload custom flags, so i had to use jQuery to change the flag image). The main issue is that i cannot save any settings at all. i have upgraded to php 7.3 and have checked for error logs, which don't exist. i have tested with 2019 WordPress default theme and get the same results. On top of this, when i install WPML Translation Management, the WordPress backend becomes almost inoperable (menus don't show when hovering over dashboard menu items, i cannot select all plugins by pressing the "Select all" checkbox... There are some serious conflicts happening. i can't even press the button "Add/Remove Languages" because it doesn't do anything. i have had to disable "Translation Management" because it renders WordPress backend useless.

August 13, 2019 at 2:34 am #4384403

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I reviewed your site and found that disabling Cloudfare did the trick. The WPML configuration should work now. However, I was unable to identify the root cause. Can you please provide the WordPress login details again? I've marked your next reply as private.

August 13, 2019 at 2:41 am #4384435

ryanC-3

Thanks so much. I vaguely remember having the exact same issue years ago and surprised there hasn't been a fix because almost everyone is using cloudflare. I suppose for now I'll get rid of cloudflare plugin. Thanks. I will confirm tomorrow after testing.

August 13, 2019 at 4:57 am #4385041

ryanC-3

Hi there. Thanks for resolving part of the issue. i have removed cloudflare plugin, but when enabling Translation Management, i am seeing a few console errors. Would you mind taking another look? Here is what i'm seeing:

August 13, 2019 at 5:18 am #4385077

ryanC-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!