This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I use English as language "US" and "IRL" for Ireland. On IRL the ACL content blocks are not viewable.

Solution: The problem was that on the Irish translation. The ACF Field was not assigned in "Location" setting equal to Home. It was assigned to the page "About".

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelB-123 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 9:32 am

michaelB-123

I have 2 languages - US and IRL. US is the default.

I am trying to: make changes to the IRL Homepage.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the content blocks to enable me to do this.

Instead, I got: a blank page with no visible blocks (the page is visible in the front end) See hidden link

Note1: I did the same thing with other pages and I am able to see the blocks and update these pages independently.

Note2: I copied the demo to hidden link and tried using Advanced Translation, event though I could see the edits in the translation, they did not update on the website - see hidden link

July 25, 2019 at 10:25 am
July 25, 2019 at 5:40 pm #4285397

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Michael,

I'm on your problem and need to do some more tests. I hope to have a solution by tomorrow morning for you.

I will keep you updated.

Best Marcel

July 26, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4290007

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Michael,

I did all tests and was not able to make the ACF fields on the Backend viewable. I consulted our 2nd Tier support for further help. I will contact you ASAP as I receive feedback.

Best Marcel

July 30, 2019 at 9:01 am #4305943

michaelB-123

Hi Marcel

Do you have any update on this?

FYI I added 'Duplicate Post' plugin and tried to clone the US version of the Homepage but none of the fields copied over. I could successfully clone the other pages. I don't know if this helps your investigation.

July 30, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4308941

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your patience, Yes. I solved the problem now:

The problem was that on the Irish translation the ACF Field was not assigned in Location Pages equal to Home, it was assigned to the page "About Sage Fertility"

You can see it here: hidden link

I also removed the wrong debugging message which appeared on top. This was added in the wp-config.php before the <?php tag.

Best Marcel

July 30, 2019 at 3:50 pm #4309463

michaelB-123

Thanks brilliant, so glad its fixed! I'll remember to look there in future if this issue ever occurs again.

Thanks so much for your help 🙂