If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Cannot select anything in "translation of" when setting up menus

Solution: Follow these troubleshooting steps: 1- Go to “WPML > Support“ in your admin dashboard “your-website/wp-admin.php” 2- At the bottom of the page, click the “troubleshooting” link. 3- Look for the “Clean up” section and Click these buttons: - "Fix element_type collation" button - "Set language information" button

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mattJ-2 4 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohammed.

Author Posts
November 12, 2015 at 4:51 pm #745383

mattJ-2

It used to work but now I cant select a menu in the "translation of". It just shows "none" in the drop down despite there are 2 menus created.

I have deactivated all plugins except WPMLs and activated 2015 theme. Still not working.
Even if I click "translations French +" I cannot set it to be a translation of my english menu.

Please see screenshot.

Thanks

November 12, 2015 at 4:52 pm #745386

mattJ-2

Forgot to mention that it could be a similar problem found here : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/in-the-translation-of-box-i-have-no-choice-other-than-none-although-i-have-2/

November 13, 2015 at 2:37 pm #746084

Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Hello Matt,

Thank you for contacting WPML support forum,

I tried to replicate the issue on a fresh WPML/WordPress installation but it works properly .

If you already tried to disable all plugins and activate the default theme and you still facing the same issue, Please try these troubleshooting steps:
1- Go to “WPML > Support“ in your admin dashboard “your-website/wp-admin.php”
2- At the bottom of the page, click the “troubleshooting” link.
3- Look for the “Clean up” section and Click these buttons:
- "Fix element_type collation" button
- "Set language information" button

Also please make sure that you have the latest WPML version3.2.7 installed in your website.

Then test the issue.

If the problem still exist, It may be a problem with your installation, To be able to debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
. From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
. Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
. Chose "Packages"
. Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
. Give it a name or leave it as is
. Click on "Create Package Set"
. Wait until the package is ready
. Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big , you can also exclude the images if the file is very big )
IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to log-in. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Thanks and Best Regards

November 13, 2015 at 3:32 pm #746139

mattJ-2

The troubleshooting link sorted it. Thanks