Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 17, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4960439

שלומי ביטון

I am trying to: Edit the footer translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: all pages

I expected to see: English in EN site and Hebrew in He version

Instead, I got: only one language stick, If I edit the Hebrew original footer - the English version disappear and if I edit the English one the Hebrew version disappear

November 18, 2019 at 2:41 pm #4965977

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Is the footer generated by Elementor PRO (global elements) or by some other plugin (or theme)? Could you send us more details? If possible, please also send some screenshots.

If it's Elementor, could you please confirm that you tried the following steps?
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-global-widgets
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#inserting-a-translated-global-widget-to-a-page
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translating-header-templates

Please let us know if it worked for you.

November 20, 2019 at 10:18 am #4978567

שלומי ביטון

It did not help, Look like a bug
I even tried adding new footer withoiut imported footer.
please help me resolve it

November 20, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4981205

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hello,

I would like to take care of your ticket from now. As my colleague posted above, Is the footer generated by Elementor PRO (global elements) or by some other plugin (or theme)? Could you send us more details? If possible, please also send some screenshots.

Also, I created a test environment using only Elementor and Elementor Pro. Please, could you try to replicate the problem in our test environment? You just need to access this link and configure the pages you need: hidden link

This will help us check out the issue you are reporting.

Thank you.

November 22, 2019 at 8:59 pm #5001927

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

Thank you. I am still a little confused about the issue you are reporting. I understand that when you edit the translation you get lost. But when you edit what? The footer with Elementor, the footer menu items, the home page, where did you set up the footer?

Step by step to see and replicate the problem will help us check if there are any bugs/compatibility issues faster.

Also, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot set footer to correct language’ is closed to new replies.