Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
December 21, 2018 at 11:59 am

Heriberto

I am trying to set the traduction editor, but when i select the advanced one, it warns me with "TypeError: Failed to fetch"… so then I select the classic and the continue button doesn't work…

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

December 21, 2018 at 2:27 pm #3025065

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I noticed your website content is served over https while you have http as your setting in your WordPress Dashboard > Settings > General. I've changed that, however your website now is under a redirection loop, please, provide me with some working FTP access so I can fix or revert this change right away. Thank you for your collaboration and sorry for any incovenience regarding the change of this setting. Have a nice day.

December 24, 2018 at 10:49 am
December 24, 2018 at 11:03 am #3030289

Heriberto

i've changed that setting via MySQL on phpMyAdmin…
Othe issue i have is that while i've set memory limit and max memory limit to 512Mb, the wodpress memory limit is shown as 40 on support page of WPML… What is causing this?

December 24, 2018 at 5:22 pm #3031176

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, confirm if the issue with the translation editor activation is gone. Regarding the WordPress memory limit, you need to make sure you are defining the maximum amount of memory allocated to WordPress only as you can read here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP. Please, let me know if you need any additional instructions. Have a nice day.

December 25, 2018 at 7:13 pm #3032640

Heriberto

i got the site through CloudFlare… i quit and it works fine (with this issue).
Anyway… WPML still got me warning about Low wordpress Memory limit, but i got it set to 512MB…

Captura de pantalla 2018-12-25 a las 20.12.57.png
December 27, 2018 at 8:59 am #3036122

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Marcos is on vacations, so I am taking care of this queue, hope that is Ok.

It seems like a false warning, could you please follow the below steps and share us the results?

- Using ftp, go to your root folder.
- Create a file and name it phpinfo.php file
- Edit that file and add the following code

<?php 
phpinfo();
?>

- Now go to your siteurl/phpinfo.php and search for the "memory_limit"

Is the memory_limit same as displayed in the backend? If not then you can leave the backend message as a false warning and continue to work on your site.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

December 27, 2018 at 10:04 am #3036305

Heriberto

Hi! Thanks, i tried this and it tells me 512Mb 😉
I'll bypass this warning… but, will it be resolved? I don't like to have error messages, you know

Cheers

December 27, 2018 at 10:40 am #3036470

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Yes, this must be probably caused by some conflicts, this is not a bug and is just a false warning, on my test site it's showing correct values, I think once you make some changes (probably update of the plugins) this will be probably fixed itself.

Thanks