Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
December 15, 2019 at 4:30 pm #5133671

iokinP

I am trying to:

Display Buddy Press Profile Fields in different languages in WP multi-site.
I can translate them correctly using WP String Translation feature, and they are correctly saved into the database as I can see them correctly.
But if I try to display those fields in different languages switching the languages I always see them in English, default language.

I'm attaching several screenshots where you can see the situation.
- How "Tutor 12" field is correctly translated into different languages.
- The BP Profile fields screen correctly shown in English.
- The BP Profile fields screen incorrectly shown in Indonesian as it should display "Tutor 12 ID".

December 15, 2019 at 6:02 pm #5133873

iokinP

Ok, so knowing that we use a WP Multi-site and that "WPML Multilingual CMS", "WPML String Translation" and "WPML Translation Management" plugins are Network active, what should be the order to be updated?

And you mention that we will be asked to generate the .mo files that WPML needs, when (what step) will this happen? Where do we need to place those .mo files?

December 15, 2019 at 7:32 pm #5134005

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

1. WPML and then Translation Management and String Translation.

2. After the update, you will in the admin a message that will prompt you to generate those .mo files. More about this change with String Translation can be found here.
https://wpml.org/2019/10/wpml-4-3-with-revamped-string-translation/
https://wpml.org/faq/cannot-write-mo-files/
You will not need to place those files anywhere. WPML will place them automatically in /wp-content/languages/wpml.

Please let me know if you further questions.

December 18, 2019 at 3:25 am #5151341

iokinP

Hi Itamar, we are still analyzing the best way to implement those 3 plugins updates securely, with our IT team. Once we are done, I will notify you and we can check if those profile's fields are correctly showing their translations, right?

Thank you very much in advance.

December 18, 2019 at 11:04 am #5154527

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the update.

I'll wait for your reply.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot show BuddyPress Profile Fields once translated with WPML’ is closed to new replies.