This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am unable to sync menu items to secondary languages.

Solution: The items in your menu must be translated in order to be able to sync them to a translated menu. So, if the page has not been translated, it cannot be added to the menu. Once you translate your posts/pages, you will be able to sync the menus.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zsoltE-2 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 2:51 pm #4348853

zsoltE-2

I would like to make menu sync by WPML docs.
1. On the upper screenshot, you can see the menu item named "Gyorsrendelés". The second screenshot, there is no chnce to sync that menu item. How I can sync "Gyorsrendelés"?

2. What this text means: Update auto_add menu option to 0? Shall I select them?
Regards, zsolt

August 6, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4348893

zsoltE-2

One more question: is it possible to sync 2 menus of 3 and I create the third menu manually in foreign language?

August 6, 2019 at 7:44 pm #4350219

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. The items in your menu must be translated in order to be able to sync them to a translated menu. So, if the page has not been translated, it cannot be added to the menu. Once you translate your posts/pages, you will be able to sync the menus.

If you prefer to manually translate the menu, go to Appearance -> Menus and click the "+" icon next to the languages on the top right of your menu. You can also manually edit any menu by using the admin language switcher at the top of your dashboard to view menus in different languages.

As for the auto_add option, that is a checkbox in your menu where you can automatically add new pages to the menu.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

August 7, 2019 at 6:05 am #4352221

zsoltE-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!