Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 18, 2017 at 10:18 am #1404500

massimoS-6

I am trying to: fix a website that has been translated to chinese, most of the page is translated correctly, but I can't find where to translate some widgets, and I don't know why but the page layout is quite different

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:www.breeeze.it

I expected to see: the same layout and all the translations fixed

Instead, I got: different layout (top area with social links should not be there in chinese), not all testimonials could be translated.

October 19, 2017 at 6:21 pm #1406381

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup and in the first section, switch to manual translation instead of the Translation Editor. Then, go to edit the translated page and make sure that your page settings (page template, sidebar options if there are any, etc) match the same settings as the original language page.

As for widgets that you can't translate, could you give me a specific example of what needs to be translated? Most widgets should be able to be translated by going to WPML -> String Translation and search for the strings. Additionally, in the Appearance -> Widgets screen you can assign each widget a language, so if you have multiple languages, you have the option of creating a widget for each language.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot translate all Elementor elements and page looks different’ is closed to new replies.