This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Wyzi Toolkit registration form labels cannot be translated.

Solution:

1. Go to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration (tab).

2. Add the following code and save.

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="wyz_registration_form_data">
      <key name="0">
        <key name="label"/>
      </key>
      <key name="1">
        <key name="label"/>
      </key>
      <key name="2">
        <key name="label"/>
      </key>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Note: If you have more lable you should add more key tags like that.

<key name="3">
  <key name="label"/>
</key>

3. Go to String Translation and translate the lables. They will be under the admin_texts_wyz_registration_form_data domain.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrickS-52 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 21, 2019 at 4:03 pm

patrickS-52

Hi I am trying to translate a sign up form that is hard coded in Wyzi directory theme which is a WPML compatible theme...

I have scanned all plugins and theme and have manually made the translations of the terms that I wanted in string translation , however for some reason there is still certain sections in the sign up form which are not translating....

here is the page in question and hidden link and the terms that do not translate are:

FIRST NAME *

LAST NAME *

USERNAME *

EMAIL

PASSWORD

PASSWORD AGAIN

I have also granted access to the theme login
Thanks for your help
for FTP
the site is on a shared hosting therefore as an addon domain, I do not have direct hidden link you require this info, I will give you instructions on where to find the files in question from the hosting Client panel

August 21, 2019 at 5:09 pm
August 22, 2019 at 7:22 pm #4442437

patrickS-52

Hi...I figured out why it was not possible to translate the sign up form from the translation strings....You were right about the fact that it was probably from somewhere else...There is a form builder in the site, which allows the admin to input their own label fields.....

however I am not able to figure out how to make this form multilingual without inputting both languages in the same fields which is not acceptable for my needs....there are no visible options to translate I have attached screen shots of the dashboard sections on where to access this...

here is the link to the test page results
hidden link

thank you

August 23, 2019 at 12:39 pm #4447195

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

Ok, I now understand that the issue is coming from the Wyzi Toolkit plugin which for itself is not officially compatible with WPML. The section where it is possible to change the registration form labels is the plugins options. Strings from theme and plugins option can be found for translation in the 'Translate texts in admin screens' section which can be reached from the String Translation section. More about translating theme and plugins options at the following link.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/
I've searched this section but unfortunately, I couldn't find the form strings there. Therefore we might have here a compatibility issue with this plugin.

To continue debugging this issue, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the Wyzi Toolkit and its add-ons and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugin.
Then when we can replicate the issue, I'll escalate it to our compatibility team, and they will try to find a fix for the issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 23, 2019 at 1:22 pm #4447585

patrickS-52

Hi Ok thanks....However the toolkit plugin comes built in the WYZI theme....so I cannot simply install the tool kit , as the registration form inside the tool kit only works through a short code that is hard coded into the Wyzi theme as well....I would have to install the whole theme again...which is already done in the other wp test installation that I set up yesterday
Do you have any suggestions ?
Thanks

August 23, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4448151

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry this was totally my mistake. I'll continue with debugging the issue on the test site.

I'll be able to reply here on Sunday.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

August 23, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4448193

patrickS-52

Hi, not a problem...
I appreciate your help
thank you

August 25, 2019 at 7:26 pm #4454985

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I've tried a few more things on the test site. But unfortunately, I couldn't come up with a workaround for how to translate the form labels. Therefore I've escalated this issue to our compatibility team and they will try to find a fix for this issue.

I'll keep you updated here.

Itamar.

August 25, 2019 at 7:45 pm #4454989

patrickS-52

Hi , and thank you for the response...

Just to add some info, maybe you already know this...but I was able to find the strings for the registration form in edit through admin text section.....however once in string translation mode, the strings could not be be found...I have since contacted the WYZI theme tech support and brought this to their attention but they basically said WPML had to deal with this..They are not much help...I really hope the compatibility team can find a solution...

Thank you

August 26, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4460393

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I did look in the admin text section. But I couldn't find what you have found. I didn't think to look for "WYZ" I only looked for "WYZI". In any case, I can see that the labels are showing on String Translation after that they are selected in the admin text section. I'm now sending this extra information to our compatibility team. I'll keep you updated here.

Itamar.

August 26, 2019 at 4:55 pm #4460419

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our compatibility developer has found the solution for this issue. Here is what you need to do.
1. Go to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration (tab).
2. Add the following code and save.

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="wyz_registration_form_data">
      <key name="0">
        <key name="label"/>
      </key>
      <key name="1">
        <key name="label"/>
      </key>
      <key name="2">
        <key name="label"/>
      </key>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Note: If you have more lable you should add more key tags like that.

<key name="3">
  <key name="label"/>
</key>

3. Go to String Translation and translate the lables. They will be under the admin_texts_wyz_registration_form_data domain.
I've already tried on your site and it works. Please see the attached screenshots.

Can you please check it out and confirm that this solves the issue?
Please let me know if you have nay questions.

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 26, 2019 at 9:08 pm #4461443

patrickS-52

Hi , Thank you very much it works !

I have even added a few more key labels to get the extra form fields

There is only one little place where I am having a bit of trouble with ...there is a password confirmation field that for some reason I am not able to get it to show in the string translation area...it shows up in text admin section... but the label name is different instead of "label" it is called "passaglabel" as it i did not detect under "label" I changed a key frame

to <key name="5">
<key name="passaglabel"/>
</key>

I also made sure to go back and put checkmark next to it in text admin area....but it doesn't show in string translation area afterward

I have added screenshots
Thanks again for your help ...you guys offer really great support

August 27, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4468887

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

It is part of key 4. Please try to add it like that.

<key name="4">
     <key name="label"/>
     <key name="passaglabel"/>
</key>
August 28, 2019 at 12:13 am #4470105

patrickS-52

Hi ok got it...it worked

Thank you very much for all your help..Much appreciated
I will close this ticket..
Thank you

August 28, 2019 at 12:19 am #4470111

patrickS-52