This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by sadou-bienvenus 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 13, 2018 at 12:08 pm #2492112

boulosb

Hello,

I am trying to translate
ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?
when trying to login to the site on the My Account page (WooCommerce).

I tried adding a few strings from the admin strings link (Translate texts in admin screen). Maybe I added the wrong ones? Hoping you can help me resolve this.

Best regards,

Paul

July 14, 2018 at 1:31 am #2492932

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Please verify that the string you are entering are the correct ones under the Woocomerce context

if possible please share with me a screenshot of the strings added so i can get a better idea.

thank you !

July 25, 2018 at 1:36 pm #2580287

boulosb

Hello Bobby,

To make this the easiest possible, why don't you tell me how to get this string translated.

Thank you and best regards,

Paul

July 25, 2018 at 6:16 pm #2581284

Bobby
Supporter

This string is coming from the Woocommerce plugin and it should be listed under the 'default' context

in my local enviroment the translation happens through the .mo files from Woocommerce and i can find the string by going to WPML->String Translation -> and searching for it.

you have to search for "The username or password you entered is incorrect" and "Lost Password" seperate as they should be different strings under the default context.

August 2, 2018 at 2:31 pm #2605698

boulosb

Hello Bobby,

Sorry I did not mention this in the original ticket. I already looked for the strings and they're not there. The lost password one is there, and translated, but not displaying the French. Maybe it's the wrong string I am looking at? In any case, I am attaching 2 screenshots for you to see.

Waiting to hear back from you.

Best regards,

Paul

August 2, 2018 at 10:44 pm #2607072

Bobby
Supporter

If possible i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

August 6, 2018 at 2:35 pm #2616244

boulosb

Hi Bobby,

The fields to send the login info is not seen on my screen. I was told that all non translated strings were deleted to speed up the site... Meaning these may have been part of these strings deleted. Is there a way to add them, or any string which was deleted?

Best regards,

Paul

August 7, 2018 at 6:22 am #2618583

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Paul,

yes please go to WPML->Theme and plugins localization and re run the process to scan the theme

i have enabled the private field reply now

thank you !

August 14, 2018 at 7:03 pm #2644396

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

i believe i have found the culprit for this issue.

this is happening due to Wordfence plugin.

when Wordfence plugin is activated , its own message overwrites the default WP message therefore causing it to not be translatable.

wp-content/plugins/wordfence/lib/wordfenceClass.php

line 1674

self::$authError = new WP_Error('incorrect_password', sprintf(__('<strong>ERROR</strong>: The username or password you entered is incorrect. <a href="%2$s" title="Password Lost and Found">Lost your password</a>?'), $username, wp_lostpassword_url()));
					}

i have scanned wordfence now through WPML->Theme and Plugins localization -> and you can find the right string to translate if you go to String Translation and search for the following string

ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. <a href="%2$s" title="Password Lost and Found">Lost your password</a>?

i have test it and it works as expected when translated

August 20, 2018 at 2:13 am #2658039

boulosb

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for the update. It works perfectly well now. I had no clue WordFence took over the login page... good to know though!

Have a good day man!

Paul

October 11, 2018 at 12:14 am #2806031

sadou-bienvenus

hello I have a problem since I have the plugin wpml.
1- I can not make it work because it breaks my site I have to disable it every time from the server for my site to work again and uninstall wp rocket so that my site is accessible again. I sent an email and no return.
2- I encounter the same problem of translation for the subject of which you found the solution: ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password? impossible to translate. I need to know why I can not use WPML without my site being broken. cordially