This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by codyM-2 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
July 26, 2017 at 7:09 pm

codyM-2

I am trying to: duplicate an ACF field group options page from English to Spanish. The fields will not translate independently. I'm trying to follow the instructions on your tutorial page and CANNOT get it to work as expected.

Link to my site: hidden link

I expected to see: in the tutorial, it says to duplicate the English field group, then click on the pencil, and choose "Translate Independently". When I click on the pencil, it takes me to the Spanish version and does not give the option to translate independently.

Instead, I got:

July 26, 2017 at 8:04 pm #1327975

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

You can skip this step, as ACF Multilingual already does this. The other steps in the documentation are correct.

I'm going to forward your ticket to our team to update this part of our documentation.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

July 26, 2017 at 8:31 pm #1327985

codyM-2

Thank you for the explanation. I still seem to be having issues. If I go to this page:

hidden link

and edit one of the fields on the Options Page and then go here:

hidden link

the field has changed here as well. It is not allowing me to place an English and Spanish version. It is mirroring one to the other.

July 26, 2017 at 8:46 pm #1327998

codyM-2

I would also like to point out that, in doing some troubleshooting, this issue is occurring with the new version of ACF 5.6 but not with any previous 5.5.x versions.

July 26, 2017 at 8:52 pm #1328003

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I can not see this problem you're reporting. Accessing the internal pages I see that each has a version. I'll attach two screenshots for you to see.

Note that if you are editing this content with multiple tabs of your site opened from that same page, this can cause synchronization issues, as WPML set a cookie when you switch a language.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

July 26, 2017 at 9:51 pm #1328034

codyM-2

Yes, this is because I reverted ACF back to a 5.5.x version. When and if I update to 5.6.0 then I see problems. You are welcome to update this site to 5.6.0 to reproduce the error if you need.

July 27, 2017 at 1:31 pm #1328833

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. I saw the problem you're reporting. I've forwarded this to our compatibility team and they will check it soon.

Note that at the moment I have no workaround, for this reason, it will be necessary, as a workaround, to use the latest version of 5.5.X so that these options can be translated.

Thank you.

August 1, 2017 at 6:51 am #1331910

Ankit

Hi,

This is Ankit from 2nd tier wpml support team. I will assist you with the issue further, hope this is fine with you. 🙂

1. It seems that '''admin_load''' function has been modified in ACF pro core. This modification is causing compatibility problem with wpml.

2. As a temporary workaround you can do following.

* Open file /wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/pro/admin/admin-options-page.php

* Go to admin_load function

* Add following line

$this->page['post_id'] = acf_get_valid_post_id($this->page['post_id']);

after this line

$this->page = acf_get_options_page( $plugin_page );

* Save the file and upload again.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Ankit

August 2, 2017 at 8:06 pm #1333644

codyM-2

I believe I got this fixed. I contacted Elliot from ACF and he let me know that I needed to pass my options page function through the acf/init action, as shown on the resources page located here:

hidden link

By placing this code in my functions.php file, I was able to resolve this issue:

add_action('acf/init', 'my_acf_init');

function my_acf_init() {

if( function_exists('acf_add_options_page') ) {

acf_add_options_page;

}

}