Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by svenA-8 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 18, 2019 at 6:41 pm #3372433

svenA-8

I am trying to:

In a section of my site used a Element Pack widget "member" which cannot translate. Have gone to translate strings but still when changing language the 2nd language does not pop up.

Had a former chat with one of your supporters but she wasn't patient enough to await my trials. Appreciate if one could pick up where we left ?

Lauren : Thank you for contacting WPML support. I\'ll be happy to help you with this.
Lauren : Does the content show up in the translation editor when you translated the page that has the Member?
svenA-8 : In fact no. Just title, images and that\'s pritty much it

Lauren : Is the member element a standard Elementor widget? or does it come from an add on plugin? It may be that it needs to be added to the wpml-config.xml file in order to show up on the translation editor.
svenA-8 : Hold on. Need to check
svenA-8 : It\'s a widget in Element Pack
Lauren : I\'m not familiar with Element Pack, that must be an add on. So most likely, the shortcode for the member element needs to be added to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML configuration so that it will display in the translation editor.
Lauren : This documentation can walk you through how to add it: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

svenA-8 : Ok. Will have a look
svenA-8 : I\'m really sorry but this is on a different level of my webcompetences. Could you possibly be more specific of what I should be doing ?

Lauren : You need to find the shortcode associated with the member element. You can typically see this when you view the text editor of the page.
Lauren : Then, you can add that shortcode to wpml custom xml configuration.
Lauren : Were you able to locate the shortcode?
Lauren : Due to inactivity, I will close this chat. If you need more help, please open a new chat or ticket and we\'ll be happy to help. Have a nice day!
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

March 18, 2019 at 9:10 pm #3373369

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thanks for sending the files. I set up a copy of your site and found that the string that you translated is actually the "Project Manager" string on the About Us page. I noticed in your screenshot that the domain is Elementor 465, and that is the page ID of the about us page.

Please find the page ID in the url when you edit a page. Then, look in the String Translation table for that particular page. I couldn't find which page you were editing in your screenshot. If you would like me to take a look for you please let me know the title of the page that you are trying to translate.

March 18, 2019 at 9:31 pm #3373499

svenA-8

Hi Luaren. When you say Page Id, what i could detect is page elementor 532. But when going to string translation elementor 532 the specific copy/text for that widget is not showing up. Only the title which inserted above. Page is hidden link and somewhere in the middle there is a section "do you already have a projectidea?" (but this already translated).

March 18, 2019 at 9:43 pm #3373633

svenA-8

Hi again. Also finding the text in widget that I want to translate "Don't hesitate to contact Jessica with your brand or product development idea.", I've found these strings in Elementor 1729 and Elementor 2014. These shows in stringtranslation as translated (this as done so and saved). But still when going to site and shifting to 2nd language the widget is still not translated apart from the title which is a seperate title outside of the widget.

March 19, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3378845

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thanks for the additional information. On my test site, I installed the classic editor so that I could review the page content but this particular section is not wrapped in a shortcode. I think the issue goes back to an incompatiblilty with the Element Pack add on. However, as a workaround, you can manually edit the translated page and update the content. I tested this on my test site and it worked well. To do this, you can use the admin language switcher to view the translated page in manual translation.

Please let me know if this is a suitable workaround for you. Thanks!

March 19, 2019 at 12:30 pm #3378947

svenA-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!