This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
January 17, 2019 at 10:27 am

mathiasA-6

I am trying to: translate a text in French. I opened a support ticket already and I thought it is solved, but it doesn't show the translated text on hidden link DE: "Einloggen um Preis zu sehen." > FR: "Connectez-vous pour voir les prix".

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
FR: "Connectez-vous pour voir les prix"

Instead, I got:
DE: "Einloggen um Preis zu sehen."

January 17, 2019 at 11:15 am #3101542

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would be happy to help you in this. I tried to login to your site but username / password is incorrect, please check and let me know. Your next reply will be private.

Also from where this text is coming from, is it added by a third party plugin or theme, can you please tell me the name of plugin?

DE: "Einloggen um Preis zu sehen."

Thank you

January 17, 2019 at 12:34 pm
January 17, 2019 at 1:05 pm #3102098

Noman
Supporter

Sorry I missed the original ticket link. I can see it now, I can help you in translating this string. But for some reason login is still not working at my end, please recheck and let me know - you may also temporary disable security plugins if its causing the blockage for login.

Thanks

January 18, 2019 at 8:06 am
January 20, 2019 at 12:46 pm #3109441

Noman
Supporter

Sorry I ran into my weekend. I have added some xml code to enable this string translation. Quick question: where can I see this Custom message on the frontend? Its not on this page hidden link

January 21, 2019 at 8:04 am #3110925

mathiasA-6

Hi Noman

You have to log out to see the german text, which is under the product.

Best regards

January 21, 2019 at 1:09 pm #3112520

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have thoroughly checked and debug this issue and find out that there is some compatibility issue in the WC Role Based Price plugin that you are using in the site.

I can not find this plugin in our verified compatibility plugin list: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

I recommend you to please ask ‘WC Role Based Price’ plugin author so they can advise you on latest compatibility of their plugin and WPML or fix this issue. You can contact plugin author here:
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/woocommerce-role-based-price

Thank you

January 22, 2019 at 1:02 pm #3116444

mathiasA-6

Hi Noman

the problem is, that I don't get an answer from support. I wrote them before via WordPress, via email etc.

Isn't there another possibilty to translate this text?

January 22, 2019 at 1:13 pm #3116491

Noman
Supporter

I have tried few methods that normally works with other plugins but not helping in this case. Unfortunately its a bug in plugin code and we can't debug too much into it and it needs to be resolved by plugin author. If you are using free version, see if you can upgrade to paid version to get support (ask them first from their site or email). They will probably provide support for their paid customers with more responsibility.

Thank you for your understanding.

January 23, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3120921
mathiasA-6

Hi Noman
Now I've tried something else.
Under WOOCOMMERCE > CONTENT BLOCKS I added the text for product and product detail. It works in German but not in French.

However, I have already used content blocks where the translations works.

Could you please help me?

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-content-blocks-translation-issue/

January 23, 2019 at 6:39 pm #3122121

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

For 1st issue:
Here is a workaround for translating ‘Custom Text’ section. You can use below HTML in ‘Custom Text’ section:

<div class="show-in-fr">Connectez-vous pour voir les prix</div>

<div class="show-in-de">Einloggen um Preis zu sehen.</div>

And then you can add below CSS in custom CSS section of your theme to display language specific content:

:lang(de) .show-in-de {
    display:block !important;
}
:lang(de) .show-in-fr {
    display:none !important;
}

:lang(fr)  .show-in-fr {
   display:block !important;   
 }

:lang(fr)  .show-in-de {
   display:none !important;   
 }

For second issue:
I have created a new ticket for content block issue since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-content-blocks-translation-issue/

and we will continue to work on the new ticket.

Thank you for your cooperation

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot translate german text in french’ is closed to new replies.