We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Cannot translate "Additional global tab" title & content in the Flatsome theme.

Solution: 1. Go to WPML -> Strings Translation and click the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link you'll find at the bottom of the page.

2. In this page you'll find a large list of admin options strings that are registered on your site. Here you should find the options that you're trying to translate. Maybe they're initially hidden inside an options group (themes and plugins are often grouping their options in a group). I'd suggest you to search for "Envoi". If you don't find it, try searching for 'Flatsome'. If you see a group of strings (a blue link with '+' icon at the left) with matching name, click on it and related strings will appear.

3. If you find the strings you want to translate, select them (checking their checkboxes) and click 'Apply' button (at the bottom of the page).

4. Go to WPML -> Strings Translation and search for these added strings. You should find them there and be able to translate them (make sure you mark them as 'complete').

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by borisP-5 3 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
November 4, 2016 at 11:21 am #1130067

borisP-5
    I am trying to

: translate the "Additional global tab" title & content in the Flatsome theme.
This feature, available in [Theme options], adds an identical tab to all the products. In my case, it's a tab with shipping info.
(It is not the same as product custom tabs.)

URL of (my) website where problem appears

: hidden link on product pages. The name of the tab is "Envoi". On my english-translated product pages, this tab remains in french. (But you can't see it because currently translations are hidden to visitors.)

I expected to see

: an option to translate this global tab. The string does not appear anywhere.

More info in screenshots. Thank you for your help.

November 4, 2016 at 12:15 pm #1130113

Bernat Torras

Hi borisP-5,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! 🙂

WPML offers a way for plugins and themes developers to make their theme/plugin options translatable. If they declare their options as translatable you can translate them in WPML>Strings Translation.

If the theme is not declaring these options as translatable you'll need to specify it yourself manually. The process is pretty easy, just follow these steps:

1- Go to WPML>Strings Translation and click the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link you'll find at the bottom of the page.

2- In this page you'll find a large list of admin options strings that are registered on your site. Here you should find the options that you're trying to translate. Maybe they're initially hidden inside an options group (themes and plugins are often grouping their options in a group). I'd suggest you to search for "Envoi". If you don't find it, try searching for 'Flatsome'. If you see a group of strings (a blue link with '+' icon at the left) with matching name, click on it and related strings will appear.

3- If you find the strings you want to translate, select them (checking their checkbox) and click 'Apply' button (at the bottom of the page)

4- Go to WPML>Strings Translation and search for these added strings. You should find them there and be able to translate them (make sure you mark them as 'complete')

Once done you should see the translated strings in the Frontend.

Could you try it and confirm us if you can get it working?

Thanks,
Bernat

November 9, 2016 at 4:23 pm #1133416

borisP-5

Hi Bernat,

It worked great, thank you very much !!

Boris