This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maxL-15 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 8:45 pm #4358193

maxL-15

I am trying to translate the homepage in any language but I get a banner filled with weird error codes. hidden link

How to fix?

August 7, 2019 at 10:18 pm #4358467

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This is not an error. The WPML is showing that these fields will be copied to the secondary language.

Have you tried publishing the page in the secondary language to see if the content will be displayed correctly?

Thank you.

August 8, 2019 at 6:35 am #4359991

maxL-15

Yes I already tried but the new page that is opening then stays completely empty.

August 8, 2019 at 9:08 pm #4366069

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you for testing it. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

August 13, 2019 at 3:19 am #4384659

Bruno
Supporter

When I try to create a page, it works correctly. I translated a "test" page ("Home") and the page was created and then the message you reported earlier disappeared as expected. I will attach a picture for you to see.

Should I take any other steps to see the problem?

Thank you.

August 14, 2019 at 8:29 am #4393373

maxL-15

You are looking at the issue in your printscreen. It doesn't make a copy of home, it just created an empty new page. It is supposed to create a copy of all the content in there but it doesn't.

August 14, 2019 at 9:22 pm #4397629

Bruno
Supporter

I clicked to translate the page, not to duplicate the page. That's why the pages are different. I just saved the page as long as you said it wasn't working.

If you want to translate the pages manually then you must duplicate them and then translate them manually. You can see more details in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Could you please check if this fixes the issue?

August 15, 2019 at 8:33 pm #4403307

maxL-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!