Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I cannot translate the names of images Solution: Go to WPML >> String translation >> Search for the image >> Add translation >> Check "Translation is complete” >> Save. Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bohuslavB 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
February 12, 2018 at 10:54 am #1514689

bohuslavB

Hi, since I cannot translate the names of images, I am trying to translate all other data (description, caption) by switching the language selection in top bar and then changing the information to selected languages, however it does not seem to save the information for the languages (the information stays the same, no matter what language is selected). I have also done the Media Translation ("duplicating") in WPML > Media translation, but still nothing.

Could you please advise me how I could manage this information change for images?

Thank you.
Bohuslav

February 12, 2018 at 4:12 pm #1515125

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Bohuslav,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Go to WPML >> String translation >> Search for the image >> Add translation >> Check "Translation is complete” >> Save.

Thank you

February 26, 2018 at 12:22 pm #1529126

bohuslavB

Thank you.