This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by davidN-51 2 months ago.

Author Posts
August 16, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4406695

davidN-51

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am using the Woodmart theme and I cannot translate the following strings which are in the slide out cart: "No products in the cart" and "Return to shop". The two other strimngs in the cart translated no problem.

I noticed someone from the theme's forum had exactly the same problem and the theme developer said it was an issue WPML's side and he had to speak with you. Can you please assist me with the same problem?

I have already selected "Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX" and deleted the cache etc in the WPML settings.

Thank you!

August 16, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4407585

davidN-51

Hello,

Just to add to this, the French translations for these 2 strings are appearing no problem. It is just the German translations.

All strings are translated backend (they come from WooCommerce) and I have searched for the strings and translated any I have seen.

Can you please advise.

August 17, 2019 at 8:44 am #4409621

davidN-51

Hello. I have found that another person had exactly the same issue over a year ago and you said you had updated WPML with a fix. It seems that you fix did not work or was not updated:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-mini-cart-not-translating-when-empty/

When cart is empty there is no German translation of my 2 strings (they only appear in English). However if I add a product then delete the product from teh cart the translations then appear in German.

Can you please advise a fix ASAP.

Thank you!

August 17, 2019 at 11:38 am #4409881

davidN-51

Hello,

I have found the issue. It was to do with the setting sin the Main Menu. I had English set as the default main Menu, but I needed to set it as German, as that is the default language chosen in WPML.

All working fine now!

August 17, 2019 at 11:38 am #4409883

davidN-51

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!