This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 7:28 pm #2801791

cvautour

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to create pages in English and French
Is there any documentation that you are following?
nope, just the other 16 sites that follow the same format
Is there a similar example that we can see?
sure. hidden link
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

October 10, 2018 at 7:09 am #2803147

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi Manoj,

Sorry, I do not understand your question fully.

Let me ask some doubts:
1. are these two different sites? hidden link and hidden link
2. as per your screenshot, you did not finish registering the WPML. Are you facing issue with registering WPML?

or are you asking about something else?

If you think something else can help to understand this better please let us know that as well.

Regards,
Riffaz.

October 10, 2018 at 1:11 pm #2804368

cvautour

Hello!

To answer your questions:
1. are these two different sites? hidden link and hidden link
The tedxwomen address is a sub site.

2. as per your screenshot, you did not finish registering the WPML. Are you facing issue with registering WPML?
I have finished registering WPML on the parent site, however, as per my screen shot, I can't move forward from that step.

I main issue is that when I go to create a page on the hidden link site, I don't have the option to translate the page. There is no toggle button at the top of the page in the nav like all the other sub sites.

Hope that clears some things up!
thanks,

October 11, 2018 at 5:32 am #2806676

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for the details.

It seems your WPML installation is incomplete.

1. Is that a new installation in a folder ? or you are using WordPress network feature?

Whatever it is you can register multiple sites under your WPML account (https://wpml.org/account/sites/), therefore you can create two separate keys if you like.

Your other issue will be solved if you can finish the above step.

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility or some system issues. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps and then try to reinstall the WPML in your second site.

Plugin conflict
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes like twenty seventeen, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot translate pages’ is closed to new replies.