This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
September 14, 2018 at 7:35 am #2734277

kelvinL-3

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have the Slider Revolution Version 5.4.6.4 installed, I read article https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/creating-multilingual-sliders-with-revolution-slider-and-wpml/ but I cannot change the tab title to non-English wording.

When I change the tab title to non-English wording, it prompts "Slide name should not be empty", did you do the wrong way to change the tab title or I need to do it via String Translation?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

September 16, 2018 at 11:55 am #2738838

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Kelvin,

Please, apologize for the delay in answering. I will take care of this ticket and reply time will be shorter now.

Could you please increase your Memory Limit and WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:
- MemoryLimit 256M
- WP Memory Limit 40M

Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and no other plugins installed.

Could you please update WPML and its add-ons to the latest version if the issue persists? Before doing it, please create a reliable backup of your site. Also, can you please test it with the latest version of Slider Revolution?

If this does not help, to take a better look without interfering with your site I created a test site. WPML is already installed and configured. Can you please install the Revolution Slider and reproduce the problem there? (just the basic elements to see the issue)

To access the site, just follow this link:
hidden link

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Otto

September 18, 2018 at 3:17 am #2743331

kelvinL-3

Dear Otto,

Regard to the requirement, we can change it, could you instruct me the correct way how I can set up the slider tab title with other languages? It saves us the time to install the Revolution Slider on your testing site or you can do it on our UAT site, please create a private message for me to provide the details.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

September 18, 2018 at 11:45 am #2744860

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello Kelvin,

The problem may be a compatibility issue or a server problem too. So it is better to test it from scratch.

I understand it is extra work on your end, but installing the plugin and creating a Slider should take no more than a couple of minutes. The test site backend is super fast, you'll be surprised.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Otto

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot translate slider revolution tab title to non-English wording’ is closed to new replies.