If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Otto 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
September 13, 2018 at 5:31 pm

andreasJ-19

I am trying to translate the social media strings in our website, but I'm having great dificulty, ideally I'd like to translate the text they insert into say twitter as well. I've found the strings in string translation, translated them and marked the translation as completed but the different language versions all show the social media buttons in English.

These links can be seen on the front page

September 15, 2018 at 11:01 pm #2738075

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, apologize for the delay in answering. I will take care of this ticket and reply time will be shorter now.

Could you please increase your Memory Limit and WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:
- MemoryLimit 256M
- WP Memory Limit 40M

Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

Sometimes what appears in String Translation are the default strings. So, it's possible that those strings have been recognised but not associated yet to the String Translation panel. For this, could you go to:
- WPML > String Translation
- Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »"
- Look for an option similar to "theme_mods_voice", or something like that. Here you should find all strings associated with your theme options.
- Check the checkbox for your strings of interest.
- Click on the button "Apply"
Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel

Reference :
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Let me know if this helps, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

September 16, 2018 at 11:21 am #2738805

andreasJ-19

Increased RAM, thanks for heads up. We could not find the options we needed under "theme_mods_wechange" (we use the WeChange theme), see attached image showing all the options

September 16, 2018 at 1:19 pm #2738918

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Can you please let me know the strings you need to translate, where they are shown in the front end, and where are they added in the backend?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Otto

September 24, 2018 at 7:34 am #2759573

andreasJ-19

They are shown under "Sign & Share", they hare the share part.

Ctrl+f and searching for "Share this on Facebook" should find them right away

September 24, 2018 at 12:38 pm #2760441

Otto
Supporter

Hello,

Please go to WPML > Settings > Custom XML configuration and add the following:

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="theme_mods_wechange-child">
      <key name="sharing_facebook_link"/>
      <key name="sharing_twitter_link"/>
      <key name="sharing_google_link"/>
      <key name="sharing_linkedin_link"/>
      <key name="sharing_email_link"/>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Then, go to WPML > String translation and the strings should appear there to be translated.

Let me know your results, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

The topic ‘[Closed] cannot translate social sharing media button sin theme’ is closed to new replies.