This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 7, 2019 at 8:46 am #3169065

janN-12

I am trying to:

Uninstall with the purpose of reinstalling it.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

I expected the plugins to deactivate and be able to delete
Instead, I got:

When I refresh the page, the plugin magically reaper installed and activated...

February 7, 2019 at 5:48 pm #3171722

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. After this, please turn off any caching plugin or setting that you might have on the site/server.

Then, in order to reset WPML and deactivate it, you have to follow the next steps:

Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting. Look for 'Reset', check the option 'I am about to reset all language data.' and click on the 'Reset all language data and deactivate WPML' button. (Important: this process will delete any translations that you've done using WPML if any)

After this, you should be able to simply delete the plugin.

PS: I can see that you also have Loco Translate enabled so it is not recommended to run more than one multilingual plugin per WordPress install, I don't know if this information helps in any way but I just wanted to let you know.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei