Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lorry Gombos 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
December 4, 2018 at 5:04 pm

Lorry Gombos

Let me try to explain my issue through... Once I updated WPML plugins WPML Media, WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML String Translation, WPML Translation Management and WooCommerce Multilingual, I noticed that some of my content lost translation. That's made me to go even through check what is happening... I noticed, that on every translated page (basically, every translation rather than english which is default one) have big issues with an update of content. What that exactly means? That means, if you try to edit any page rather than english translation, those changes will not be accepted. Like you do nothing. Beside that, homepages like german version was lost and english content is presented (even we change it totally in german). I gave you access to my site so you can check. Also, be very careful because our site is in production and we are receiving many orders.

hidden link - check for example this and try to edit it. You'll see the issue.

Beside that, I've contacted theme support before I contact you. On their request I've disabled all plugins (except WPML) and put default theme and try to update german slider. It was not working too. That's why I contact you because it simply seems like WPML issue.

I've also provide you access to my site but please be careful! Site is receiving orders and if we lost any that will be big deal.

We are really lost here and we really need your help.

December 5, 2018 at 1:11 pm #2970149

patriciaP-9

Hi, I have just now the same issue.
Any solution?
Thanks a lot!

December 5, 2018 at 1:23 pm #2970198

patriciaP-9

By any chance do you have the 'add to any' plugin?
We deactivated this plugin and the second language is back....
strange, right?

December 5, 2018 at 3:49 pm #2970677

Lorry Gombos

Nope, we do not have Add to Any plugin. As I stated our issue is not that language is hidden. All languages can be normally seen but we cannot edit content on any language rather than original one (English). I would like if support can brief this and check why this issue occured.

December 5, 2018 at 4:20 pm #2970804

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. As you have a live production website, we are not able to perform some tests on it in order to identify the cause of your issue, this is why it is needed to be tested locally, for that, please consider:

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.
Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

Thank you for your collaboration. Have a nice day.

December 5, 2018 at 4:21 pm #2970820

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello @patriciap-9,

If the issue persists, please, let us know so we can proceed in the issue resolution. Have a nice day.

December 5, 2018 at 10:45 pm
December 6, 2018 at 2:24 pm #2974424

Lorry Gombos

Check my private message. I basically send you full backup, so please check and let me know what you found. Thank you.

December 6, 2018 at 6:01 pm #2975281

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Actually I got some more information regarding this issue, it was introduced in the most recent version of the WPML plugin. Our developers are working a fix which should be available soon, for now you can try the workaround you find at:

https://wpml.org/errata/when-the-translation-is-saved-some-content-is-replaced-with-the-original/.

https://wpml.org/errata/cannot-edit-page-builder-translations-with-the-native-wordpress-editor/

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

December 6, 2018 at 8:32 pm #2975599

Lorry Gombos

When approximately this new updates for your plugins will be alive? I hope it will prolong for too long.

December 7, 2018 at 6:42 pm #2979154

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a look in the development status and an update is scheduled for the next week, our developers are making their best to release it possibly on monday. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a nice day.

December 10, 2018 at 9:53 pm #2986134

Lorry Gombos

Thank you Marcos. This was very helpful from you.

December 10, 2018 at 9:53 pm #2986135

Lorry Gombos

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!