Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 3:12 am #4550113

AYU

Tried updating the plugins. Cannot. But now I have difficulty accessing my wordpress admin panel. Please suggest how to reslove this easily. Thank you.

September 11, 2019 at 6:46 am #4550923

AYU

Hi you suggested I delete all WPML plugins from my site. Will that delete all my translation work?

September 11, 2019 at 7:43 am #4551153

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Just deleting the plugins will not delete the translations, but it's always good to take a backup and proceed with things like deleting.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

September 11, 2019 at 8:00 am #4551231

AYU

Hi when I try to delete it says this will delete all your data etc. Is that fine? Do you have a back up on WPML?

September 11, 2019 at 8:12 am #4551325

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, it should be fine.

Regarding backup on WPML, we don't have internal backup system available, we recommend you to use backup plugin like duplicator.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

September 16, 2019 at 5:44 am #4576389

AYU

Hi I have done as you told me. Deleted the plugins. Downloaded the files from WPML. Uploaded them to my wordpress admin panel. When I activated them, I get the same error back. (please see the image I posted on 11 Sept). Please advise. This is really taking a lot of my time and is certainly not simple as you suggested. I had to contact my hosting company 3 times to be able to gain access back to my wordpress admin panel. I am looking forward to a SIMPLE SOLUTION. As of now all my translated pages cannot be displayed because I have deactivated all WPML plugins . By the way, I am using TILT theme for my website. Thanks.

September 16, 2019 at 6:56 am #4576651

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Can you provide me WP-login and ftp details so I can check this further? To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (WP-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot update plugin. Also blocking access to my wordpress admin panel’ is closed to new replies.