This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 24, 2019 at 3:49 pm #4078417

gilesH-3

I am trying to: translate duplicated pages.

I expected to see: A duplicate of the page - with all the appropriate ACF fields to fill in

Instead, I got: A page with only the title and a media section

I also see a message - This site can use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor, but you did not receive permission to use it. You are still translating with WPML's classic translation editor. Please ask your site's Translation Manager to enable the Advanced Translation Editor for you.
And we are quite certain we have the correct permissions - not sure if this is related.

Other pages appear ok. The fields are set for translation

June 25, 2019 at 6:43 am #4081625

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Could you please let me know if you have marked the fields properly as translate for the ACF fields as explained here? https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Regarding the message "This site may use the WPML Advanced Editor, but you have not received permission to use it. You still translate using the classic WPML editor. Ask your site's translation manager to enable the Advanced translation editor for you." Have you got the email for activating the editor and have set the translation roles language pairs properly?

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

Further, Please follow the below steps and let me know if this helps:

1) Make the translation as complete (100%)
2) Now go to the default language and update the post.
3) Send the post to translation again, this should show all the updated items.

Note: If the steps above don't work, I request you to add something dummy text on the default language and update the post in both languages

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Cannot use ATE despite having permission/ ACF not showing in’ is closed to new replies.