Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Cant activate WPML

Fatal error: method_exists(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "unknown" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide an autoloader to load the class definition in /www/htdocs/w0131108/staging6.ewerkstatt.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-templates.php on line 304

Solution:it is caused by the migration of your site using ManageWP clone.

If possible please delete your WPML and add-on plugins and re install them with a fresh version from the donwloads page.

wpml.org/account/downloads/

Issue was resolved by creating a migration without ManageWP clone

Relevant Documentation:

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Heinz 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 27, 2018 at 2:32 pm #1557994

Heinz

i want to activate WPML on our Staging Server and it shows that error:

Fatal error: method_exists(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "unknown" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide an autoloader to load the class definition in /www/htdocs/w0131108/staging6.ewerkstatt.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/language-switcher/class-wpml-ls-templates.php on line 304

WPML 3.9.3

March 28, 2018 at 7:19 pm #1559416

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

How are you creating the clone of your site in the staging enviroment ?

Are you using ManageWP clone ?

March 29, 2018 at 7:06 am #1559719

Heinz

Yes on a Staging Site.
And yes we cloned with ManageWP

March 29, 2018 at 5:32 pm #1560411

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

I have seen this issue before and it is caused by the migration of your site using ManageWP clone.

If possible please delete your WPML and add-on plugins and re install them with a fresh version from the donwloads page.

wpml.org/account/downloads/

let me know your results

March 30, 2018 at 6:57 am #1560685

Heinz

Hello,

yes you are right.. there is some issue with the ManageWP Clone and WPML.
I made a copy by "hand" and it works fine.

Thank you for your help.