Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Cannot add a new custom language.

Solution:
The issue is caused due to large Add Language form because of many custom languages enabled and low Max Input Vars PHP limit on the server. Add the following code to your wp-config.php or contact your hosting provider to increase the Max Input Vars PHP limit to 3000.

@ini_set( 'max_input_vars' , 3000 );

Relevant Documentation:
N/A

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by paulv-6 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
September 28, 2022 at 8:31 am #12137967

paulv-6

I can't add a new custom language. I keep getting this error please enter the required details

September 28, 2022 at 9:26 am #12138501

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

As discussed during the chat please backup the site completely to prevent any issues and for a reference point. Then :

- Go to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial page and click on the "Check for updates" button

- Update all WPML plugins to their latest versions.

- Update any other plugins and themes including WordPress to their latest version.

- Then see if it solved the language add issue you are getting.

Regards,
Subash

September 28, 2022 at 9:06 pm #12144511
paulv-6

I upgraded the wp into the last version and i upgraded all the plugins and all's work.
but when i tried to upgrade the wpml plugins into last version i got this criticial error

New threads created by Subash Chandra Poudel and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-critical-error-after-updating-wpml/

Screenshot (8).png
September 29, 2022 at 8:55 am #12147369

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for your efforts in updating the plugins.

The critical error seems to be a different issue so I have split the issue into a new ticket linked next as we handle only one issue per ticket to better keep track of things.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-critical-error-after-updating-wpml/

I will followup regarding the critical error in the new ticket.

Regarding the original issue of Custom Language not adding please try to add the new language after updating all plugins and fixing the critical error ( through help in the new ticket ) and see how it goes.

Regards,
Subash

October 1, 2022 at 2:04 pm #12160803

paulv-6

Hello Subash,
I upgraded all the plugins and the wp core into the last version but when i tried to add new custom language it's keep showing me an error with please enter the required data.can you check it please.

October 2, 2022 at 2:40 am #12162509

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

After further troubleshooting, I see you already have a lot of custom languages enabled due to which the Form to add a custom language is a bit large. I also see the Max Input Vars PHP limit on the server is only 1000 as I can see from Tools -> Site Health -> Info -> Server on the site.

I suspect that the low PHP Max Input Vars combined with a large add language form due to many custom languages is causing the issue.

Can you please add the following code to your wp-config.php or contact your hosting provider to increase the Max Input Vars PHP limit to 3000 then try adding a custom language and see if it helps?

@ini_set( 'max_input_vars' , 3000 );

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.