Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.87 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mikeE-8 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 24, 2018 at 5:05 pm #2673808

mikeE-8

Hi Bruno, You tested uploading a new image and it worked (the waterfall), and I can confirm it works as well. How did you get that one to work? And how do we get old images to work? Is there a migration tool or settings based on what you know about the issue?

I disabled MLFP so you can see that it's not that plugin or a compatibility issue with that plugin. Forget that MLFP was part of the site.

August 25, 2018 at 3:02 am #2674742

Bruno

Hi,

I basically tested uploading the image in the secondary language.

I believe that the images that were changed from the default directory should not be displayed because WPML cannot find them (so I commented on the compatibility issue).

Without any plugin to change the directory of the images, this should work correctly, as the upload of the images will be done in the default directory of WordPress.

If you try to upload the image now that "Media Library Folders Pro" is disabled (and the default upload directory will be used), this should work correctly.

In order for the image to be synchronized with other languages, you must either synchronize or activate the options so that the image is synchronized once the upload is done (WPML > Settings > Media Translation - at the end of the page > How to handle media for new content).

Thank you.

August 25, 2018 at 3:05 am #2674743

mikeE-8

Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

August 27, 2018 at 1:17 am #2676627

mikeE-8

Hi Bruno,

I tried disabling MLFP. Then I upgraded WPML and our Media Library no longer works.

The browser says:

This page isn’t working
staging-apsf.kinsta.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

When I disable WPML the page loads, but no images appear. It appears as though the upgrade and making images available for translations breaks the site. There are over 3,000 images so it takes a long time to migrate.

Can you advise?