This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelM-101 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
September 19, 2017 at 11:28 pm #1377161

michaelM-101

I am trying to: Add products to cart on english language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Products added to cart

Instead, I got: Message that product is added to cart but when viewing cart it says empty cart.

PS. It works to add products to cart and also proceed to checkout on Swedish language. I have created products for swedish and english language.

September 20, 2017 at 7:41 am #1377396

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

Please try the following:
Go to WPML > Languages > Language filtering for AJAX operations and check the option.

If that does not help, is it possible for you to check for compatibility issues doing the following test:
-Backup your site first
-Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML, keep also WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual
-Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fourteen.
-If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

If the issue persists, it would be good if you can provide me the WordPress debug.log.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way, because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion).

Let me know your results, please.

Kind Regards,

Otto

September 20, 2017 at 1:54 pm #1377930

michaelM-101

I deactivated all plugins one by one and tested to add products to cart, this plugin caused the problem.

- WPML Media

Question is do I really need this? When installing WooCommerce multilingual it says that is needs that extra plugin but seriously, I haven't seen what function it has? If its not a necessary plugin then don't tell the user to install it because this caused a serious problem.