This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
In the admin strings page, when I select a string and then click to apply, the string is not displayed for translation on the WPML> String Translation page.

Solution:
You should increase the max_input_vars limit of your PHP. You can use php.ini or .htaccess if your host allows.

=> php.ini file

Open the php.ini file and insert/edit this line:

max_input_vars = 10000

http://php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php#ini.max-input-vars

=> .htaccess file

php_value max_input_vars 10000

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ilyaB-2 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 7, 2017 at 3:10 pm #1336626

ilyaB-2

Hello, I am trying to translate an admin string, but no matter what I do I cant add it to string translation page.
I go to wpml string translation, then I click the Translate texts in admin screens, and there I checkbox a string I need. Then I press Apply. The string doesn't appear in the string translation page. I check back to the admin string page and the string I need is unchecked again.

How can I fix this?

August 7, 2017 at 7:20 pm #1336894

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

You should increase the max_input_vars limit of your PHP. You can use php.ini or .htaccess if your host allows.

=> php.ini file

Open the php.ini file and insert/edit this line:

max_input_vars = 10000

hidden link

=> .htaccess file

php_value max_input_vars 10000

After following these steps, please could you verify that the problem is resolved?

Thank you.

August 8, 2017 at 7:30 am #1337192

ilyaB-2

Thank you, the problem is indeed resolved by increasing the max_input_vars.